Mar. 12: Screwed by a scroll

Today I started tweaking my blog layout a little and it turned into me spending an embarrassingly high number of hours making teeny tiny changes no one will probably ever even notice. And then, just as I was about to publish the new design, I did something that gave me a horizontal scroll bar.

I hate horizontal scroll bars. Hate them. To me, they mean the designer designed for one browser, one resolution, and/or one monitor size. Like, y’know, only bad designers do.

Have you noticed the Wikipedia home page has a horizontal scroll bar? If you scroll over you’ll see there’s nothing on the far right of the page. I have no idea why it’s there. I assume it’s intentional but it appears to be pointless.

My horizontal scroll bar is also pointless. There’s no special surprise waiting for you way over yonder. No winning lottery numbers. No witty joke. Not even a cute picture of a puppy. Nothing.

And do I have any idea how this horizontal scroll bar showed up or how to get rid of it? No. Because I’m a moron. I’d like to blame Blogger, but I think we all know where the problem lies… and until I figure out what I did wrong, you’re stuck with the same old design I’ve had for I don’t know how long.

I’d be sorry, but you didn’t even know I was working on a re-design until about 20 seconds ago, so why are you so mad? Geez.

3 comments:

  1. lmao that is truly irritating. I hate when stuff like that happens and you have no idea why... Grrr...

    Well I hope you get it fixed because I'd be very eager to see the new design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the diagonal scroll bars that drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmao that is truly irritating. I hate when stuff like that happens and you have no idea why... Grrr...

    Well I hope you get it fixed because I'd be very eager to see the new design!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails