Mar. 16: April’s lookin’ gooood

I don’t mean my BFF April, who looks good-no-matter-what-why-do-I-even-like-her-anyway. I mean April, the month, is shaping up to be a busy and exciting month. Why, you ask? Let me count the ways.

  1. The first thing, and I know that this is technically in March, but it’ll almost be April and will set the trend for all my entertaining activities: Erin and I are going to Heather Armstrong’s reading at Powells on March 30. Heather Armstrong is better known as Dooce, and is kind of the queen of all bloggers. She has just written a new book about her childbirth and postpartum depression experience, It Sucked and Then I Cried. I’m so looking forward to meeting her in person.

  2. On April 9 we have another show in our Broadway in Portland series. This one is The Rat Pack Live at the Sands. Should be some great music.

  3. My sister’s going to be in Oregon for a week mid-month, and we look forward to some quality time with her.

  4. On April 19, The Lovely Lori and I are going to the Unwigged & Unplugged concert. If you haven’t heard about it, Christopher Guest, Michael McKean and Harry Shearer are appearing as themselves, performing music as their alter egos in This is Spinal Tap and as The Folksmen in A Mighty Wind.

    The Unplugged interview:



    One of the most memorable scenes from the movie This is Spinal Tap.



    One of my favorites of The Folksmen’s songs from A Mighty Wind:



    I’m crossing my fingers Harry Shearer will sneak in some of the voices he does on The Simpsons, just for kicks.

    I should add, too, that if you haven’t seen Spinal Tap, Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show, or A Mighty Wind, see them! If you enjoy the humor of The Office (both British and U.S. versions) you’ll love these movies.

  5. On April 23 we’ll go to the last of our regular Broadway in Portland shows: Grease, with Taylor Hicks as Teen Angel. When I first heard he was going to be in it, I assumed he’d be Danny Zuko and I thought NO WAY is he right for Danny. He seems right for Teen Angel, though. But better than Frankie Avalon? Hmmmm…

  6. I’ll be meeting my mom for the David Sedaris show in Eugene on April 24. If you’re not yet familiar with David Sedaris’ books, watch this (and also, what is wrong with you?). Here’s a perfect example of his style and subjects of humor:


There are other small things going on here and there, but these are the biggies on my calendar in April. It’s the best kind of exhausting schedule, wouldn’t you agree?

3 comments:

  1. Wow that does sound VERY exciting! I am super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so superjealous on the Dooce. If I didn't already have my ticket booked to CA to see the dear Corinne, I'd be scamming on that date, for sure. Looks like you have a fab-o April on the way... now to stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that does sound VERY exciting! I am super jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails