Jun. 23: Tuesday morning business

  • I thought I had our network and Internet connection all fixed, but now it’s giving me grief again. The network randomly stops broadcasting, it seems, and if it is broadcasting, the Internet connection doesn’t seem very stable. There has been much cursing ‘round here while I’ve been trying to fix it.
  • We went to Great Wolf Lodge this past weekend. It was a lot of fun and I plan to publish my thorough trip report later today.
  • The kids are in their second week of swimming lessons now. Katie’s in Level E and loves it; when I told her she didn’t need to take any more lessons after this, she was disappointed. I’m hoping she’s not going to purposely fail the class just to be able to take it again. Jack, on the other hand, thinks swimming lessons are a complete bore. Although he’s doing better now than he has in years past, it’s still a challenge for him to keep his face in the water for more than three strokes. Yesterday he asked what “treading water” meant when Katie mentioned it. I hope the reason he doesn’t know is because they use a cuter name for it in class, because he’s taken enough lessons that he ought to freakin’ know how to tread water by now. The kid’s definitely going to have a major water mishap someday, to be sure.

    The pool we go to has a zero-entry. If we’re watching Jack swim in after his lesson, he loves to repeatedly fall down and act like he’s struggling to get to shore. Ultimately he lays down in the inch-deep water and moans. It’s all quite amusing, as you can imagine, but having an audience is the key—and the huge grin on his face is the giveaway that he’s goofing off. Yesterday he told me “I like to pretend all the water is blood and I’m laying in blood and I’m all bloody and almost dead of the blood.” All of a sudden this whole routine seems way less neat-o to Mommy. Boys are so weird.
  • Katie went to a sleepover birthday party yesterday and it’s time to pick her up. It ought to be fun dealing with a grouchy girl who didn’t get much sleep last night with her friends, nor the night before with her cousins. Wish me luck.

More later if I can get this Interwebby thing working.

blogsignaturepic

2 comments:

  1. Yeah boys are definitely gross - lmao - that one caught me by surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grossest. Why are we surprised considering they grow up to be "men?" :(

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails