June 29: Call me "Reverend"

As of June 24, I am an ordained minister. I can perform legal wedding ceremonies. No really, it's true! I can also park in clergy parking spaces. I saw a clergy space at a hospital once, and if I ever go back I'll totally think about parking there.

You, too, can be an ordained minister. It's free. Go to Universal Life Church Monastery and answer some questions, and that's it. For a fee, you can order press passes, ordination credentials certificates, parking hangers and all sorts of other stuff. I want a collar, but they don't offer them. Maybe I'll check eBay.

Here's how it works:

In existence since 1959, the Universal Life Church Monastery is headquartered in Seattle, and has congregations around the world. The sun never sets on the Universal Life Church. ULC ministers come from all walks of life and spiritual traditions. Our common thread is our adherence to the universal doctrine:

"Do only that which is right."

Since every person has the inherent right and responsibility to determine what is "right", all beliefs and practices which do not interfere with the rights of others are embraced.

Make good choices!

--Reverend Jen
(dead Rev. Falwell, you can KMA)

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your posts. I was just browsing around and found yours. It is really quite interesting and makes me LOL a lot! ; ) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like most ministers, 'cept I like you (and Reverend Deanna!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy reading your posts. I was just browsing around and found yours. It is really quite interesting and makes me LOL a lot! ; ) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails