Apr. 21: Scout’s special too

Debi’s not the only one with a birthday on April 21. Scout, our beloved beagle, turns 11 years old today! Right now she’s celebrating with a nice nap, though she’s got one eye open to make sure I don’t stray too far. Because goddess forbid I leave her alone with that bitch, Casey.


Here’s my favorite of Scout’s baby pics:


Katie and Jack are insisting we celebrate this evening with a cake (for them) and a big piece of cheese (for Scout). And I can’t resist this squeaky toy, which she’ll undoubtedly destroy within three minutes:


Debi, please note that I posted the news of YOUR specialness before the dog’s. Actually, until Scout came along, I had a terrible time remembering your birthday. Scout says, “You’re welcome, Auntie Debi!” and she steps on your C-section scar with her tiny but very heavy feet. (That’s how she shows her love.)

1 comment:

  1. Appie says "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOUTERS!!" I love you, Girl!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails