Mar. 14: Ch-ch-ch-changes

OK, I think I got the horizontal scroll bar to disappear. Dan, please let me know if you get a diagonal scroll bar—I tried for, like, a whole minute to re-create your problem until I decided you’re insane. Also, have you tried holding your head upright when you’re working on the computer? It’ll help you curse out A-Rod even better, your neck won’t get sore, and you won’t see any diagonal scroll bars.

Anyhoo.

You’ll notice a bit of a new look to the site. I am soooo ready for spring to be here, and I wanted some color and life in here to help that along. I stayed with pretty much the same color scheme, though, because with ten years’ of blogs here, I have no interest in going back and fixing up my archives. Deal with it.

The biggest reason I made the change, though, is to be able to fit more on the screen. There was a lot of wasted space with my other design, and even though I liked how clean it looked, there was a lot of scrolling required to get through all the goodies that can be found here. The pages will seem more crowded now, but hopefully in a good way. The center column, in which my blog posts actually appear, is quite a bit wider now, and will easily accommodate those fab YouTube videos and even hulu stuff when I get that figgered out. Yay.

There will probably be more tweaks here and there as I get the changes polished. Let me know if you see anything weird or awesome. I spent another long day staring at cascading style sheets so I’m going to bed.

5 comments:

  1. omg pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, indeed! Love the daisies and the new look. Although I liked your avitar too - is that gone?

    Your blog is diagonal scroll-bar-free. That head tilt tip did the trick! Thx!

    Regrettably, like my disdain of all things A-Rod, the horizontal scroll bar remains. Maybe that was the diagonal bar I was seeing all along? :(

    (I'm using Google Chrome on a wide screen notebook 17" monitor, set to 1440 x 900 if that information is of any value in your troubleshooting.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a blogging rock star, I'm in awe of you. And, of course, can't get too much of the daisies!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails