October 27, 2002

I know, it's way too early for me to be updating the site, but I don't feel like cleaning the bathroom or doing anything else that's calling desperately to be done.
Busy-ness
Not much new is happening. We're still getting some of our house projects completed. All of our scheduled trips out of town are done, and we're enjoying spending a couple weekends in a row at home.
I took Katie to her first movie a couple weeks ago: Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie. It really is a cute movie, and if you're a VeggieTales fan, all the better. Katie loved the popcorn, loved sitting on my lap. She got restless for a few minutes in the middle, but otherwise did surprisingly well. I had expected not to see the entire movie. Vic took her to see it today, which was mostly just an excuse for him to see it.
Our trip to Seattle two weeks ago was marvelous! We did a bunch of shopping and walking around Southcenter and downtown, mostly just enjoying some kid-free hours. We met a long-time Internet friend of Vic's for lunch--he's a super nice guy. And "Beauty & The Beast" was even more magical this time around, if that's possible.
We spent a fun weekend with the Neils and Crofts for Baby Summer's dedication and a trip to the Pumpkin Patch. Pictures are here.
I coordinated a play group with some of the moms in our neighborhood, and we met for the first time this past Wednesday. There were 10 kids and five moms--MADNESS! It was a lot of fun, actually, and we're hoping to get together pretty regularly. I was glad someone else volunteered to play hostess for next week--in fact, when my turn rolls around again in another five weeks I might feel motivated to clean the house again.
Boo!
Jack is going to be a dog for Halloween. He's worn his costume a couple times already and seems to like it OK. I got Katie a beautiful Belle dress and tiara, and when I showed it to her she said, "Oooh, so pretty, Mommy!" But when we tried to get her to put it on, she refused. In fact, for two weeks if we even mentioned the Belle dress she got completely hysterical. It broke my heart, but I returned it to the Disney Store today. I suppose this is just the beginning of those times when Mom and Daughter disagree...
So we aren't sure how Katie's going to dress for Halloween. She doesn't understand the whole trick-or-treating thing exactly, so while she'd be content not to dress up at all, I know when kids start ringing our doorbell she'll want to do what they're doing. I'm hoping I won't have to create one of those horrific last-minute homemade costumes I always hated having to wear!
Cake and candles
It's hard to believe Jack's going to be a year old in a couple weeks. This year has really flown! I have a long list of things to do to prepare for his big day.
Kathy's safari
Hot off the press, Kathy just sent this e-mail:
"Ron and I attended (once again!) a tour at the local lion/tiger refuge. It's become my favorite place in Colorado. They have over 30 lions/tigers/ligers/leopards/cervals/cougars. Absolutely fascinating!! We had a wonderful opportunity today to have our pictures taken with a darling little 6 week old tiger cub named Magic. He was so adorable I wanted to take him home. I do hear, tho, that soon he would be more expensive to feed than my current two teenagers! Anyway, enjoy the pictures!!"You can see the pictures here.
I'm done
I tried to get as up-to-date with the kids' pages as I could, since my next update will be a much bigger effort, with lots of birthday pictures. Watch this space for more fun in a few weeks!
Let us know you visited our home, home on the web! Sign the guest book or write something exciting in the message board. It puts a bright spot in our otherwise dreary and monotonous lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails