I stole this meme from Jen E at Momma Blogs a Lot.
- Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.
First, we need a new, big TV. Then we’d have to have a more comfortable couch. Once those things are in place, I’d watch this movie cuddled up with Victor on the couch. The kids wouldn’t be home, so we would turn the surround sound on. Oh, yeah; we know how to do it up riiiight. [rolls eyes]
- Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?
It’s been a long time since I’ve given it much thought, but there was a time when I had some good ideas of the kinds of readings and music I wanted. I can’t say I care too much anymore, but whether I die tomorrow or live for another 50 years, I’ll want the songs I’ve always wanted: The Dance and Wind Beneath My Wings.
- Are you more of a giver or a taker?
I like to think I’m more of a giver, but I think that’s everyone’s ideal, isn’t it? How true it is about me, I don’t know.
- Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?
It depends on where we are and who we’re with. There are good things about both kinds of vacations.
- What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?
The stovetop. Doesn’t matter how often it gets cleaned, it always seems greasy and the burner pans are full of junk.
- Name a cause that means a lot to you.
I’ll support causes that want to educate people on why gay marriage is not going to destroy our society. I also appreciate the work done by animal rescues.
- Do you eat a regular old peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?
Regular old peanut butter and jelly is just fine with me, though I prefer homemade strawberry jam over jelly.
- If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
I don’t usually eat if I’m nervous.
- Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of tooth brushing and jammies?
Pretty much just the basics. ‘Cept when I have to sleep sitting up; then I have to arrange all the pillows and heating pad and ottoman, use my eye drops, put on my wrist braces or I wake up with numb fingers from hanging over the side of the couch, and make sure there’s a clear path to the bathroom in case I have to get up during the night. FML.
- Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?
The beauty of it being MY blog is that I can delete those regrets.
- Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?
There was a time when I was frequently told I looked like Trisha Yearwood. Too lazy to scan a photo of myself, but it was the early nineties. I definitely had her hair (yikes). I also heard comparisons to Helen Hunt, though less often, in the mid-years of Mad About You’s run. I think that was because of the hairstyle and thin lips and because she was always freaking out about something insignificant.
- If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?
The song Victor and I both crack up over is “Close to You,” by The Carpenters. It’s kind of our song, at least of songs that can occasionally be heard on the radio. Our real song is “Every Road Leads Back to You” (from For The Boys), which Sherrice sang at our wedding and my dad bawled through. It’s very “us.”
‘Every Road Leads Back to You’ (right-click to download)
Anyone else want to share their answers? Do it in a comment below or on your own blog.