Mar. 15: Spring project

springcleanWhat should I do this spring?

  • Clean the garage
  • Organize my office
  • Train the puppy not to be naughty
  • Sand and stain the deck
  • Refinish the kitchen tabletop
  • Shave my legs
  • Get a job

What am I going to do this spring?

  • Work in my front yard
  • Maybe shave my legs

Yep, I’m dedicating my free time for the upcoming months to getting the front yard fixed up. We started from scratch with it four years ago (four? three? I can’t remember) but it’s calling for attention again. It’s not completely dead yet, but now that the crocuses, daffodils, and tulips are popping up, the dead and almost-dead plants are more noticeable. I don’t want to say this too loud, but some of those plants need to be put out of their miseries. (They heard, didn’t they? And they’re gonna form a big ol’ super-hedge and suffocate me in my sleep, aren’t they?)

I have no intention of redoing the entire yard. Not even close. The stone path is fine, the bubbling fountain/bidet is still running, the trees are growing well. I like the idea of trying some new plant varieties to replace the dead junk, but my biggest goal is to get the yard cleaned up and looking beautiful again.

Now, if the sky would knock off the raining and snowing, I might be able to get started with my plan. As of now, the yard is puddly. No way am I going out in that. I’ll slip and break my spleen for sure.

Last weekend Sherilee sent me this link: Yards Gone Disney. I love that it makes the simple, understated Disney-ness of our yard look… um… simple and understated. We just have a set of small Mickey and Minnie stone statues, which are on their sides most of the time, thanks to the wind or the stompy little dude next door. It’s so funny how teacups and plastic flowers look so right at Disneyland, but put them in your yard and suddenly you’re that house on your street.

This is me, assuring my neighbors that I will not be putting up the Small World re-creation this spring.

Maybe next.

blogsig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails