June 27: My Uncle Maestro

My uncle, Paul Jenny, used to be in a band and performed frequently in the Ashland area. Now it's nearly 30 years later and four of the five band members reunited this week for three shows. I went on Monday, and it was the first time I had seen Uncle Paul in a show outside of our living room. It was amazing and I was proud as could be. I was most surprised at how similar he was to Jimmy Buffett (I remembered him being a more jazzy-, folksy-, old standards-type). The band performs a great variety of music and the genre is almost indefinable, which is what I love most about their sound. All five members are incredible entertainers. You can tell they're having a blast and absolutely love what they do.

The PJQ reunion "tour" was a pretty big deal around town, and the shows sold out quickly. Here's a write-up about them from the Medford Mail Tribune last week and another from the Ashland Daily Tidings.

This brush with greatness makes me more fascinating than ever, don't you think? Autographs are $5. Don't forget the SASE. Lovies!

--Jen

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure $5 is adequate - what with having to split it TWO ways!!! PJQ rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always make me laff, no matter what you write about. so, i'd love a link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure $5 is adequate - what with having to split it TWO ways!!! PJQ rocks!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails