June 29: Stamping and shouting

The other day my car visited Lori and came back with a new butt ornament:


(BTW, Lori, it took me about 18 hours to see it. Vic noticed it within one, but assumed I came home from Mom's with it.)

It reminded me of a few things. One, George W. Bush is a freakin' jackass and a liar whose pants are most likely on fire. But it also reminded me of a way-cool magnetic bumper sticker store that Lori told me about last year. (One of the coolest things about magnetic bumper stickers is that you really don't have to commit to a point of view. Heh heh.) The magnets I have already purchased:





And a few others on which I have my eye (click for larger versions):









The rumor is that Lori has a trunk overflowing with these stickers and switches them out often on her Prius. You're gonna have to get a new one, though, because I'm totally keeping my “no W,” Lori! ...though I might sneak it onto my father-in-law's car as a super duper funny prank...

Anyone with half a brain knows that if cars covered with bumper stickers didn't look so trashy there'd be a lot more political statements on the road (mostly anti-Bush because, as I may have mentioned, he's a jackass and everybody knows it including you even if you're afraid to admit it and yes, in case you've missed it, I'm incredibly open-minded and willing to hear all sides of a debate and would never roll my eyes over someone's stupid opinions. Never.).

And lastly, the political statement on my car's arse reminded me that I have been asked to solicit suggestions for the non-proverbial writing on my mom's wall. Y'see, Kathy and I want her to have a pithy statement written artistically on her new living room wall and we have not yet found the perfect one. So far Mom has nixed our best ideas:

  • “OK, who am I givin' the finger to today?”
  • “A friend will bail you out of jail. A true friend will be sitting there beside you saying, “DAMN, that was fun!”
  • “A friend gives you an alibi. A good friend helps you hide the body.”
  • “Why is there more horse's asses than there is horses?”
  • “Well-behaved women rarely make history”
  • “Jen's my favorite”

It can't be political because we don't want Mom to look like those ninnies that are still driving around with John Kerry stickers on their cars. Please submit your ideas!

Many lovies and thanks, Lori!

--Jen

6 comments:

  1. Mostly I use magnets instead of stickers so that I can remove when I visit my mom in "Red-Neck-Ville-Dallas-Oregon." Funny thing is, my Mom fits in perfectly there. :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the virginity one! so right on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to point this out, but you misspelled something. It should have been spelled "K-A-T-H's my favorite."

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are terrific. I have one on my office door that says, "Why do we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?" When people ask me about it I just say, "I'm just asking the question?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are terrific. I have one on my office door that says, "Why do we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?" When people ask me about it I just say, "I'm just asking the question?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE the virginity one! so right on!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails