Jan. 3: Daybook

Happy new year!

Today…

Outside my window... it’s beautiful and sunny and clear… and FF!! At 9:30 am it was only 27°, and that, my friends, is FF—or more accurately, F’nF’n. But not F’n like Kim F’n. Toooootally different kind of F’n.

This weekend, I… sprouted a giant zit on my forehead that looks like herpes. Can people get herpes on their foreheads? I also relaxed a lot, because I think this is the kind of zit that zaps all of one’s energy. That’s how I justified laying around so much, anyway. I watched the first half of Season 2 of Flight of the Conchords on DVD—so, so funny. I cleaned up my desk and got caught up with the PTO accounting. I made a list of things to get done this morning, which was very, very long and means this Daybook is gonna be a quick one.

I am thinking... about paint. When we moved our office stuff into Jack’s old room, we decided not to re-paint because there’s nothing wrong with this paint. Here’s the thing, though: this dark royal blue color was fine when all of Jack’s pirate décor was in here, but now? Now I hate it. It’s dark, and it’s not mine. I want to choose the color for this room, because that will make it feel more like mine, right? Right. Now, how on earth am I ever going to choose the perfect color? PANTONE says the color of 2011 is honeysuckle. (<—You gotta click that link to see what PANTONE calls “honeysuckle.” That is soooo not going on my walls.)

I am thankful... that we got all our Christmas things taken down. As much as I hate to see the season end, it’s nice to move forward with the new year, knowing that I’m free of Christmas for at least another few months.

I am going... to run errands like a madwoman this morning. It’s very nice (for me) to have the kids back in school.

Around the house... it no longer looks like Christmas. The house doesn’t have a look of anything right now, really, but-cept that it’s neat-ish. I like. I like very much.

Plans for the rest of the week: I’ve got lots of PTO doodies and some for-pay work, there’s much reorganizing to be done in my too-crowded office, and I’ll relax a bit to watch the rest of FOTC.

Here’s an image I stole from someone else that I want to share with you:

ikeafixture

This is just like the light fixture we got Katie for Christmas. Victor installed it yesterday, and it looks so sweet in her room. The colors of the beads go perfectly with everything in there. Best of all, she’s super-excited about it. I love that part.

Smile

Want to blog your own Daybook? Here’s the info: The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. That light in Katie's room is soooo pretty, like I might be a little bit jealous.

    I read somewhere that gray is a very popular wall color right now. I kind of like that it would match virtually anything. And it seems nice and serious and office-like?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails