Jan. 2: I promise I won't test forever.

OK, blog test #2. Formatting and links and photos, oh my!
Here's a picture of my keyboard.




Like I said, it's an Apple(ish) keyboard and there are things about it that confuse me. For instance, it's been years since I've used a Mac--decades, actually--and I cannot remember what this key does: ⌘
My friend Lafe just fell over in shame that I have forgotten about the ⌘. Sorry, Lafe.
I have a feeling that it's a magical key (impressive italics there, no?). I bet it's the secret behind the curly apostrophes and quotes. I bet it lets me travel back in time. I bet it cures cancer.
Or maybe it's just a stoopid ⌘ and doesn't do anything. The enter key is all kinds of helpful for typewriter-trained peeps, as it says "enter" AND "return." But the backspace key says "delete" and that is way wrong. The "Del" key right above it--which seems like it might be a delete key and not a backspace key--just turns off my screen and makes me shout swears.
Since Fancy Lori and Michael Menger were so helpful in defining the word "scree" for me, I hope one of my other two readers can help me with that ⌘ thing and all the other things that anger me about this Apple(ish) keyboard.
Blockquote time!
These were Michael's suggestions for using "scree" in a sentence:
"If I fall off a cliff, I'll die in the scree."
"If life is a cliff to climb, I'm still in the scree."
"Sure, I'd wingsuit off a cliff, but those screes look like they could cut you up." (*bonus plural usage*)
"I went trick-or-treating last year and all I got was some scree." (Charlie Brown on Scree)
"The economy is stuck in the scree."
"WHAT HAPPENED IN HERE??? YOUR ROOM LOOKS LIKE A SCREE!"

Picture time!
My kids are enjoying Siri and love to ask her the same questions repeatedly. Usually they ask her some variation of "Siri, are you gay?"--she's quite coy with her answers, too; I love her!--but this conversation made me chuckle:




Link time!
Here's a link to something that will make you happy: Amazon. (What, I'm the only person who loves Amazon? Or maybe I'm just too lazy to find a useful thing to link to right now. Shut up.)
I can't get my signature image below to un-center. I'm gonna go all Hulk on this setup if it doesn't start behaving soon. Maybe I will throw it off a cliff just to watch it land in the scree below. (How'd I do?)




- I posted this from my iPad using BlogPress and that's why it's all farked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails