May 11: Happy Mother’s Day

Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there.

With one exception, today has been pretty sucky for me. I woke up with a killer headache yesterday and it’s still going strong. Is it allergies? Is it stress? Who knows? Whatever it is, nothing I do makes it go away. This is exactly why curse words were invented.

This is what I am NOT feeling like todayThe exception to my otherwise $#!++¥ day is the lovely morning I had. Wellington, Victor, Katie and Jack took me and Darlene to Mother’s Day brunch at the Monarch, and I loved it because the Monarch has very thick, greasy bacon. As if that wasn’t enough, the kids each presented me with sweet gifts they made at school last week. They also gave me three hanging baskets of colorful spring flowers, which distract slightly from the ugliness of our front porch.

Otherwise I’ve been feeling like at least three of the Seven Duffs (Sleazy, Queasy, Dizzy, Tipsy, Edgy, Surly, and Remorseful)—I’ll let you guess which, but does it really matter?

I hope all of you who have moms pampered them sufficiently, and those of you who are moms got to enjoy every minute of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails