Nov. 19: It’s unbelievable

So I was walking up the stairs, just like every other time I walk up the stairs (tripping on every other one), and just as I approached the top, my right big toe caught in the left leg of my jammie pants. I started to fall forward. My life flashed before my eyes. I pictured a new face bruise photo that would totally bum out Loveliest Lori. I wondered why I hadn’t taken the advice to get myself fitted for airbags. I thought of yet another ER visit… And, well, somehow that teeny tiny brain of mine got my big toe out of the leg of my jammie pants, and I. DID. NOT. FALL.

In the words of the funniest talking German caterpillar of all the talking German caterpillars ever in the movies, “Oh, ja, I can hardly believe it also.”

And that is how I did not injure myself this week. I think it’s nice to share good news once in a while, don’t you?

blogsignature

6 comments:

  1. I totally knew you were gonna say your toe was about to get caught in your pant leg even before you said it. You know WHY? Cuz I almost die just like that all the flipping time on the stairs.

    We are so friends. :)

    Glad you lived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Bless the powers that be that you didn't bruise that lovely face again. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are funny. That's all I got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe this was a STEP in a new direction for you involving less accidents and injuries? :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! And if it makes you feel any better, I dislocated my big toe the exact same way, back in the late 70s when big bell-bottoms were en vogue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, so glad you made it through! Your story so reminds me of many close calls I've had, usually while carrying something, too...

    Dan, bell bottoms? Need a picture!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails