Nov. 26: Random (without the Sunshine) things

Here I go with another bulleted list. I don’t know if I can blame my scattered thoughts on stress, a variety of new drugs coursing through my veins, my general airheadedness, or a little bit of everything. Whatever it is, it’s making me think things that can be shared in a bunch of very short posts or one long list.

  • This is Mambo. We had a very fun Thanksgiving today. Our friends Christina and Scott came over with their daughter Sophie (Katie’s BFF) and their adorable Papillon, Mambo. Christina prepared the turkey and it was EXCELLENT. She also made an extra-delicious stuffing, salad and dressing. Victor did the mashed potatoes, yams and pumpkin pie. We totally forgot about our green beans and the cranberry sauce. But it didn’t matter—we all had a fabulous meal and a lot of fun spending the day together. Hooray for good friends!
  • I fell asleep right around 8:30 last night and didn’t wake up until almost 9:00 this morning. I didn’t sleep all that soundly the whole night, and I had very strange dreams, but at least I was resting. That long sleep was long overdue. It’s probably too much to hope for more of the same tonight, but I am.
  • Facebook was more fun than usual today, what with everyone sharing their holiday plans, photos, and greetings. It almost felt like we were spending the holiday together. OK, not really. But it was cool anyway.
  • I’m not going shopping in the morning. I think those doorbuster sales and early bird deals are sooo not worth it. In fact, I haven’t begun Christmas shopping yet, although I’ve made several gift decisions. Since I try to avoid the mall this time of year, I have a feeling that by the time I get around to actually making purchases online, I’m going to be paying extra for expedited shipping. Pfft.
  • Modern Family is still making me LOL every week. Watch it at Hulu or ABC and I bet you’ll see what I mean.
  • Is my mom’s dog Gilly the luckiest dog ever? And really, Mom’s pretty lucky too.
     
  • The IV contrast administered before a CT scan comes with a warning—they say you’ll feel it go into your arm and it’ll kinda warm up as it moves through your body, make your neck and chest feel all warm, and then go down into your pelvic area and make you feel like you’ve wet your pants. Can I just tell you that I REALLY appreciated that information? Otherwise I probably would have made everyone get out of the room before I got up, because I was POSITIVE I had peed my pants laying on the CT table, with all Victor’s coworker/friends surrounding me. That was one of the weirdest sensations I’ve ever felt.
  • Speaking of Vic’s coworker/friends, they sent us flowers on Wednesday. I’m feeling extra-special with the otherwise not very fun procedures being done in their department. Good folks.
  • And speaking of flowers, I got delightful surprise from my friend Dan—whose wife is an amazing floral artist—when I got home from my play date with Sherilee on Tuesday. I know it’s silly to suggest that flowers make everything all better, but MY GOODNESS, they sure did put a big smile on my face. Knowing that someone cares? Pretty much the best.
  • (I really, really like flowers.)
  • And as far as other caring friends go, I had one look into pulling strings to get my biopsy results before tomorrow. How nice is that? I know some amazing people, don’t I? (The answer: YES.)
  • Whatever the biopsy results, and whatever treatment is done based on the results, I really really really hope to sleep in my bed again soon.
  • The Christmas CD suddenly felt overwhelming this week. Every time I go to iTunes to work on the playlist, something weird happens with a few of the files and I get frustrated trying to track them down and then I decide it doesn’t need to be done right that second anyway and I close iTunes. I don’t think the CD will go out late this year, but for those of you hoping to get it a little early, I don’t think that’s gonna happen. So sorry.
  • Also, I think our family Christmas picture this year will either be a drawing by one of the kids or mug shots, because the chances of us getting arrested are looking much better than ever getting a photo session coordinated. Y’all know what we look like anyway, right?
  • One day last week I walked into the school and saw a bunch of Jack’s buddies waiting to go into the principal’s office. It took me a very long few seconds of staring at each kid to assure myself that Jack was not one of them. A few days later I was walking into the school and saw those same boys headed into the principal’s office again. Same issue, apparently, just more discussion. And Tuesday, while I was out on my play date, I got a call from the principal. I won’t lie to you: IT SORTA SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA ME. But he wasn’t calling to tell me Jack was fighting or Katie was caught smoking in the boys’ room again; he just needed some data about the school’s volunteer hours blah blah blah. Still. Not nice to scare the mom of a Sweathog like that.

I’m sleepy. I’ll post tomorrow after I hear from the pathologist or oncologist or whoever else might call whose title ends in “ologist.”

blogsignature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails