Mar. 21: Same baby, new name

I got an e-mail from the Nicholsons a few days ago with some updated baby news. Drum roll, please:

Well, in true Cam and Lisa style, after trying our little one's name out on her for a few days, the baby formerly known as Sydney got a new name. This would be the other number one name that we had been wrestling with at the hospital.

So Sydney Noelle Nicholson is now Sage Noelle Nicholson!

I liked the name Sydney, but I like Sage too. So I'm OK with this news. I'm pretty sure Cam and Lisa are relieved to hear that, even though I don't remember getting a call from them about it. Surely they meant to run it by me first, didn't they?

Sally, correct me if I'm wrong, but you had a different name when you were first born, didn't you? I can't remember how old you were when it was changed to Sally.

I don't think I know anyone else who started with one name and ultimately ended up with another, though I think that would've happened if Katie had been a boy. We never could settle on a boy's name--not too smart, considering we didn't even know what we were having. We didn't have a girly name picked before Jack was born, but after eleventy ultrasounds we were pretty sure he was gonna be a boy.

No more words.

--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails