Mar. 9: I just calls 'em as I sees 'em

Riddle me this: If Ann Coulter was 50 pounds heavier and had short brown hair, would anyone pay attention to her?

Seems lately she's been taking cues from the Pat Robertson school of media whoring, just in case. For example, she calls global warming "a crock" and vehemently defends Scooter Libby, somehow ultimately blaming liberals for his big mouth. Give her some time and she'll come up with a viable excuse for Newt Gingrich's newly-revealed extra-marital affair during the Clinton probe. But y'know, whatever. She can justify all things conservative, she can say whatever will make headlines, she can flip her hair around like a beauty queen, who cares. It's the brazen, irrational allegations and unprovoked attacks that take away her credibility; they make her a lot less of a political analyst (or whatever it is she considers herself) and a lot more of a loony. See one of the most recent examples of her balls here.

Note: I am certainly no fan of Tucker Carlson, but I mostly agree with what he says in this case. And normally I would never recommend watching anything remotely having to do with Pat Buchanan, but he can barely get a word in between the other two yammer-ers, so it's harmless.

My goodness, after reading a few blog entries on her web site, I feel dirty. Like I've just been enjoying Mein Kampf. Ick. And no, I'm not including the link to her blog because if you're stupid enough not to find it on your own, you're probably stupid enough to say, "Golly, she makes a good point!" Proving just how hateful and ignorant she is, Ann Coulter fights back à la Donald Trump (Rosie O'Donnell says Trump is a poor "moral compass," and he comes back with, "well, she's a fat pig." Huh?). Instead of trying to defend or explain her accusations and assertions, Coulter claims to be misquoted or says things like, "I'm so ashamed, I can't stop laughing!" (her actual response to the John Edwards thing).

"Beyond bee-yotch" is overused in describing this woman's character. I much prefer "narcissistic, attention-craving, uninformed a-hole." A little more wordy, but I like it. It fits.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: (some) people make me hate them.

But you? Ah. You, I love.

--J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails