Mar. 27: Sunglasses of Justice

Today's subject is CSI: Miami. At first I liked it better than the original CSI because it was brighter and most cases were investigated during the day (in case you aren't a faithful viewer, the original show follows the night crew of Las Vegas CSI). But Horatio Caine quickly grated on my nerves. The ridiculous one-liners, the dramatic putting on and taking off of his sunglasses, the staring off into the distance as he threatened suspects... it was all just a little much. A little too Shatner-esque, you might say. But then I saw a few episodes with children, and he was so gentle and sweet with them. It made me hate him a lot less. And then the other night I had a dream about him and he was in love with me. Yes, I know that I could kill the little guy with barely a sit upon his lap. And I know that he has an ego the size of I don't know what. But I was completely and totally butt crazy in love with him right back. And then he had to go catch bad guys and I woke up. I shall never know what became of my relationship with Lt. Horatio Caine but I'd like to think I wised up and slapped the shades right off his smug little face.

Someone with a lot of spare time created this video, showcasing David Caruso's many dramatic pauses coordinated with sunglasses modeling (this is actually a "sequel" to the original 7+ minute one; look around on YouTube if you're curious):


I'm pretty sure that the writers gave Horatio the "pithiness" trait because David Caruso is, like, the worst actor on earth. And yet... I think I love him. Oh my goddess, help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails