Mar. 31: Haiku for you

gave nana a cell
can’t do voice mail or ringer
thinks we never call

mac and cheese. fine food.
don’t give me generic crap
kraft kraft kraft kraft kraft

i pick my wedgie
outside sheila’s classroom door
'til she kicks it closed

molalla. rural.
paulsens moved but are still sane
no buttless chaps yet

my seester, she’s tops
rivals letterman in lists
incriminating

"achy breaky heart"
rewritten, shows ex-step-kin
as they truly are

"donny will visit!"
i wrote in my diary
now stop peeking, kath

throw me out naked
toss my undies too. thanks lots.
i am scarred for life

new mom alisa
quits job, stays home with baby
could lose marbles soon

kirsten shares deep thoughts
bad me, i make them dirty
no more mailing list

i love that lori
no point in stealing from kath
still no san fran trip

april works “green” now
recycles disks for ag use?
hm, our dad was right

she’s getting pierced soon
all holes visible, please, mom
we’re sending a spy

i want a clean house
mission: organization?
easier to move

only five years old
jack makes sacrifice for lent
no more potty mouth

katie’s like her mom
grinds her teeth and gets ulcers
kiddie xanax, please

my head hurts so bad
down to my last resort now
where is my chainsaw?

vic snores all night long
methinks c-pap is c-crap
i shall smother him

i can’t fall asleep
erbit, erbit, erbitting
i will kill that frog

kathy’s dog molly
scary face but empty head
forgot she’s a pit

vic does the dishes
he’d never have married me
if he only knew

i hate minivans
but cool people drive them now
world, what went so wrong?

sonya’s in china
they hock loogies on the street
careful where you step

debi. deanna.
high school friends, they know too much
i’ll ever be kind

kath reads instructions
"that’s what she said," we both say
jinx, buy me a coke

presley is a doll
teach her jesus stuff for fun
see sally’s stink-eye

few leave notes for me
so i will write about you
i’m a comment whore

2 comments:

  1. Me no know where
    to start - Seventeen
    syllables is not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen got me so riled
    Standing outside my class
    I would kick her ass.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails