Dec. 11: Quotes from the 'net

I've been searching web sites for fonts most the morning. Most web sites show fonts using the font name as the display text. I prefer when the fonts are shown with a clever quote as the display text. Here are a bunch that I found in today's search (apologies if any have shown up in earlier posts; I'm too lazy to check).

  • Sometimes I think I'm a genius. Then I realize I've already seen this episode of Jeopardy.

  • For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat and wrong. (H.L. Mencken)

  • A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it.

  • Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense.

  • To vacillate or not to vacillate, that is the question... ... or is it?

  • What's the greatest worldwide use of cowhide? To hold cows together.

  • It's all fun and games until someone opens a portal into Hell.

  • Give me the strength to change the things I can, the grace to accept the things I cannot, and a great big bag of money.

  • Your mind is like a taco: the more you try to cram into it, the more that will fall out.

  • We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?

  • Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

  • On the other hand, the early worm gets eaten.

  • Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

  • Carpe diem - seize the day; carp in denim - there's a fish in my pants!

  • Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people, kill them.

  • "Happiness is a warm puppy," said the anaconda.

  • The first piece of luggage out of the chute does not belong to anyone, ever.

  • If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

  • Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  • It's your god. They're your rules. *You* go to hell.

  • You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.

  • Evolutionists have proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof.

  • An American's a person who isn't afraid to criticize the president but is always polite to traffic cops.

  • The new childcare-screening legislation sends a powerful message to Americans: If you want to harass children, get your own, as no parent-screening legislation will be in the works anytime soon.

  • If my calculations are correct, SLINKY + ESCALATOR = EVERLASTING FUN

  • I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.

  • Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason.

  • How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?

  • A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

  • Go into a store's fitting room and announce loudly "there's no toilet paper in here!"

  • Caution: I drive like you do.

  • I used to wonder what was so holy about a silent night, now I have a child.

  • "Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." - Dave Barry

  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails