Aug. 13: Why I laugh while driving

My friends Lovely Lori H and Sherilee listen to David Sedaris on their iPods while they run (Lori) and work in the yard (Sher). I decided recently that I want to jump on that bandwagon. Not because I want to start running EVER, or working in the yard any more than I already do, but because sometimes I get tired of listening to Broadway musicals soundtracks. I know; that’s hard to believe.

I got all of David Sedaris’ available audio books and have put them on my iPhone. I can’t listen to them with the kids in the car because there is occasionally an unsavory word or four that I don’t think they need to hear. But when I’m alone in the car, I let the expletives fly. And I gotta tell ya, it’s the best. These are the kinds of books that can be read (or heard) over and over. Listening to them make driving fun. I’ve never not wanted to get out of the car like this before.

One of my favorites is David Sedaris Live at Carnegie Hall, because it’s not available in print. I also love listening to him read to an audience and hear their reactions. One of the funniest pieces he reads is about his experience with the Stadium Pal, which he also read on a Letterman appearance.

 

While looking for this video, I also found one from The Daily Show in 2008. It’s a good one too. Both of this videos are virtually swear-free.

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
David Sedaris
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political Humor Spinal Tap Performance

blogsignature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails