Aug. 23: Sunday a.m.

Too busy for a real post. Sorry.

  • Jack and I spent most of Friday in the car. We drove down to Cottage Grove to meet Mom—that’s the halfway point between here and Medford—and get Katie back from her. On our way back, we stopped in Salem to see Loveliest Lori. Jack stole many cookies and hung out under Lori’s desk like the strange little boy he is.

    jackfloor

    Milkshakes at Sonic on the way home? Of course! I know if they had one closer than Wilsonville that I wouldn’t think Sonic was so special, but I do loves me some fresh banana shakes and tots.
  • We’ve been doing some clothes shopping for the kids. Both of them got shoes that I do not like and the fact that I’ve allowed the purchase makes me the best mom ever, I’m Katie's Twinkle Toesquite sure. I don’t know why I’ve always disliked  Chuck Taylors, but I have; they’ve both asked for them in the past and I’ve directed them toward shoes I like better. This time I didn’t. See? Best mom ever! Jack got some charcoal-grey Chucks. Katie’s shoes are actually Skechers Twinkle Toes and are as girly as girly can be. And I still don’t like them. But both kids are thrilled with their shoes and I’m dealing with it like a big girl. (Also, thank you, Mother Mary!)
  • We spent yesterday prepping Jack’s bedroom to be painted today. The color he chose is a butterscotch-y brown, or as he calls it, “Indiana Jones.” What-ever!  We’re trying that new kind of Behr paint they have at Home Depot, the one that’s supposedly primer and paint in one. It costs twice as much as the regular Behr, so it better be worth it. This “Indiana Jones” color is dark enough that I really do need primer, so if it doesn’t cover well I’ll be a bitter woman. A bitter woman going back for another gallon of the regular Behr to paint on a second coat of “Indiana Jones.”
  • We’ve been waiting to hear from the school on Katie’s and Jack’s classroom assignments for this next year. It seems like they’re usually sent out mid-August, but when the announcement of more district budget cuts came out on Friday, it made sense that letters are late this year. They’re advising that class sizes may be in the low 30’s, something that makes me not one bit happy. This last year they were in the mid 20’s, and even that was too high. But as long as Jack has Mr. N and Katie’s got Parker and Sophie in her class, I’ll keep my big fat trap shut. Actually, I’ll probably keep my big fat trap shut anyway…
  • … because a Facebook quiz I took yesterday told me I’m 75 percent asshole and I’m going to prove it wrong. I mean, I know in my heart that’s probably a low estimate for my actual asshole-ness, but I don’t like it being that obvious to everyone else.
  • The Rouge. Click to see their awesomeness in all its glory. My nephew’s band was written up in the Denver Post on Friday as “Denver’s next big thing.” Color me proud, and check out the little widget on the left side of the blog to hear the Rouge-y goodness.
  • My bloggy friend Jen E got me playing Farkle on Facebook. It’s addictive and I can’t stop! Just like most of those games, I’ll probably not care about playing it after a couple weeks, but right now… I’m dreaming about it, can’t wait to get home to play it, downloading the iPhone app, sending chips to all my FB friends, etc. (Could that be contributing to the asshole-ness??? Loveliest Lori, feel free not to answer that one.)

Vic just yelled down that he’s ready to start painting. Gotta go.

blogsignature

1 comment:

  1. Well, I accepted your Farkle chips in good faith, Jen, but haven't yet been bitten by it's addictive properties... now I'm going to avoid it even more arduously... Breaking Bricks has already taken up enough of my time the past few weeks...

    Happy painting--looking forward to pictures of Indiana Jones brown...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails