Apr. 14: Crisis averted; thanks, Grandma

My mom just got here, and she came loaded up with Grandma stories! Yay! This is my favorite so far:

Grandma called Mom the other day to say she had some magazines for her.

Mom: “Great! I’ll get them from you the next time I’m over.”

Grandma: “Well, there are six of them and they’re really heavy.”

Mom, trying not to laugh: “That’s fine, Mom. I’ll be able to carry them alright.”

Grandma: “I don’t want you to hurt your back, so I’ll put them in a bag, but they’re still very heavy.”

Mom: “Well, I’ve got my car.”

I suggested Mom could use her Camry’s tow hitch and the problem would be solved.

The next time Mom was at Grandma’s, she picked up the (heavy, heavy) magazines.

Grandma: “Y’know, Jen might also enjoy these.”

Mom: “Oh, good idea! I’ll take them up to her this week.”

Grandma follows Mom to the door with one last assurance: “Now Mary, I’ve read through all the magazines and there’s nothing in there that Jennifer shouldn’t read.”

Sooo glad my reading material has been approved and/or censored by Grandma.

blogsignature

4 comments:

  1. Hilare! :)

    So, no Maxim or Cosmo's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. like they're not worth reading then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been craving some Grandma stories; thanks for indulging me! And we didn't even get to the naughty magazines I brought with me last week... I'd offer to send them to you but they're REALLY heavy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmao thank goodness you have her looking out for you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails