Apr. 9: My new Friday plan

Usually when I write random lists of nothingness, I apologize because I’m unable or unwilling to form my thoughts into a cohesive blog post and you just have to deal with it. And it makes me feel bad, and I so desperately want to make everyone happy <cough cough> that it makes me die a little inside. But this morning I have no intention of apologizing. In fact, I think I might just have to make Friday my Random List of Nothingness day because it seems like a good day of the week to do that.

Sherilee has her Friday Night Grateful Moment; I have my I Don’t Care Enough About You to Write in Transitioning Paragraphs Friday. Seems about right.

  • Victor’s home today, at least for now. Technically, he’s on call, so we can’t go on any adventures far from home. It’s nice spending a relaxed morning together now that the kids have gone off to school. Of course, we’re both on our laptops barely speaking to each other, but it’s lovely just to be together with some uninterrupted time. We’re planning a trip to IKEA in a little bit and that’ll be our romantic excursion for the day.
  • Next week we’re going to Dreamgirls for our Broadway in Portland series. I still haven’t seen the Dreamgirls movie, but I plan to watch it this weekend so I have some idea of what the show is about. I know the music will be amazing. It’s the last show of our season if you don’t count Cirque Dreams Illumination, and I don’t because I hate all that creepy Cirque stuff. We’ll be selling those tickets at face value so let me know if you’re interested and I’ll try not to think you’re creepy too.
  • My newest favorite iPhone game is Moxie. It’s a word game and totally addictive. You must have it. They’re working on Moxie 2, which is going to have the following changes: 6-letter words (instead of just 5), games will optionally start with “seed words,” landscape screen orientation, quick access to Moxie words screen, new screen to keep track of what letters have been used, much requested UNDO feature, and more moxie words. Should be out this month. Woo-hoo!
  • As evidenced by my blog design, I love gerbera daisies. Imagine my surprise when I got home from our girls’ weekend in Salem and there was a vase full of them on the kitchen table. My friend Stephanie had dropped them by the day before, just because she’s wonderful, and I think the actual sound that came from my mouth was “Squeee!”  They were beautiful and made me feel special. Stephanie’s awesome. Do you know her? You should. We’re practically related. Not really. Anyway, almost two weeks later, these blooms are still looking fresh and cheery.
  • The other day my mother-in-law brought about three meals’ worth of food for us, all homemade, and all delicious. We’re still eating some of it, in fact, because we managed to stretch out the enjoyment. When Sherilee came down on Tuesday, she sent us home with two huge pans of tasty treats as well—not to mention those rainbow cupcakes! We decided to freeze Sherilee’s dishes, and we plan to dive into them this weekend. One is a pesto something and the other is a green chile something. I can’t remember anything else she told us, but both of those things are good so I’m sure whatever else she put in them is good too. I tell ya, not having to think up meals is sooo nice right now.
  • The battery on my laptop is dead. I mean that it’s totally, completely dead, and acts as though it’s not even there. I suppose I could just pick it up and look underneath to see if it’s pushed in all the way, but that seems like an awful lot of effort. I just keep it plugged in to the wall. Meh.
  • My friends Kim F’n and Sherilee are now Facebook friends. Even though they went to school together for two years, they didn’t really know each other but now they’re, like, BFFs and are accusing me of keeping them apart. Whatev. And Sherilee and Sunshine are FB friends now too! Worlds are colliding! I think Jim Gaffigan explains the weirdness of this situation well:

    Download this MP3 - (Right Click)

    I’m totally OK with this, though. In fact, I love it. The four of us had some super-silly conversations on Facebook this week that made me LOL. Sometimes I even LMAO. Hooray!
  • Yesterday I did about a gajillion loads of laundry. This is actually a pretty big feat for me, because I don’t do much laundry at our house, especially these days when I have zero energy. If you’re thinking, “Let’s see, she doesn’t clean up the kitchen, she doesn’t do the grocery shopping, she doesn’t make the bed, she doesn’t feed her children, AND she doesn’t do the laundry? What does she do???” then I just have one response: do you KNOW how many Law & Order marathons there are on cable? I don’t have time to do everything.

    Anyhoodle, here’s why I did all the laundry: because my moisture-wicking clothes failed at wicking moisture the night before, damn them all to hell. I woke up around 3 a.m., drenched in sweat. Completely, totally, dripping wet. Kinda. Long story short, I decided to wash all the bedding, including the pillow shams, duvet cover, and the blanket the dogs are supposed to sleep on when they’re on our bed but rarely do, as well as my jammies, ineffective moisture-wicking clothes, and bathrobe. That’s four loads right there. Then I kept on keepin’ on… I emptied hampers from the bedrooms, picked up eleventy billion towels off the kids’ bathroom flo0r, etc. Best of all, I folded everything as it came out of the dryer and put it away, and I completely cleared off the table in the laundry room! That thing is never clear! Am I awesome? I totally am. I think my busy bee-ness scared Vic a little. The prednisone makes me do busy bee kinds o’ things.

    Don’t tell him this, but I kinda like doing laundry. There’s a huge sense of satisfaction putting away empty hampers and filling up closets and drawers with fresh, clean clothes. Also, I think I’m the only one in the house who throws away socks with holes in them, and this gives me the best opportunity to do that. Now, ironing… that’s a different story.

And that is all I have to say about that.

blogsignature

6 comments:

  1. I like you *so* much.

    I might've flipped out this morning at The Hubbs right before he left (me) for Asia about the (friggin) laundry. Yesterday the "darks" basket was empty and today it's FULL and spilling over with his clothes!! I was like, "In packing your suitcase for Asia (5 minutes before we left for the airport), did you friggin empty a suitcase of dirty clothes?!" So pissed. I don't even think I'm over it (can you tell). I actually secretly like doing the laundry as well. Just not his.

    And what is up with Ponch? Did I miss how he played into the Randomness today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI, make sure not to use any fabric softener or dryer sheets with your fancy-schmancy moisture-wicking jammies. It ruins the fabric's wicking abilities.

    p.s. I loathe doing the laundry. It's like unloading the dishwasher - everything is contained in one place and now I have to disperse it all across the house in lots of little drawers and on stupid hangers. grrr... Makes me angry just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine, you didn't miss a thing. Ponch is as disconnected as everything about my post today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fancy Lori™, thanks for the info and DAMMIT! I totally used dryer sheets with my moisture-wicking clothes. I guess now they're just "clothes" then? DAMMIT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're going to IKEA without ME?#@$&?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only reason I ever do laundry is because I know the family needs clean underwear. So that means it gets done when the underwear drawers are low. I usually close the laundry room door and pretend it doesn't exist. I do it out of necessity. I hate folding, ironing, matching socks, putting things away all over the house! I really could go on and on! But anyway, I am glad you like the flowers. You deserve them!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails