Jul. 12: The whining and the ouchiness

I don’t know what I did, but my left hand is all jacked up. It’s messing with my ability to use my iPhone. I know! I don’t know how I’m surviving this either.

I like having opposable thumbs. I use them. Well, I use my right one, anyway. My left one is being a real a-hole. I know all the moving of boxes and furniture over the weekend couldn’t have helped, but seriously, Thumb. I kinda needja. Here’s why:

  • When I drive, I hold the bottom of the wheel with my left hand, and hook my thumb around it. Now I can’t, because it hurts. So now I drive crazy. You’d best get out of my way.
  • When I use my laptop, I tend to “drive” it like I do my car. Now I can’t, because it hurts. So I cry.
  • When I hold my phone and do very important things for hours at a time, I use the index finger and thumb on my left hand as a stand—they’re pretty perfect for that. Now I can’t, because it hurts. I figured out that if I use a boob, I can almost get my iPhone to stay upright. Whatever works.
  • When I pick things up, I often enlist the use of my thumb. Now I can’t pick things up, because it hurts. So I whine a lot more than normal, and I knock stuff around because I’m angry. HULK MAD THUMB HURTS!
  • When I open the washer or dryer doors, my left thumb comes in handy. Now I can’t open the washer or dryer doors. So I don’t do laundry. I don’t know how long I’ll be able to get away with this.
  • When I think, which I do almost constantly, I rest my chin in my left hand and tap my thumb on my jaw. It’s very “The Thinker” (not really) and I look like an idiot if I can’t do it just exactly that way at all times. Girl, you know it’s true.
  • When I sleep, I look like an angel. That has nothing to do with my hurt thumb; I just wanted to brag a little.
  • I’m afraid my promising future in thumb wrestling may be over. My dreams have died.

Why am I telling you all this? So you’ll feel sorry for me. So you’ll understand the lengths I go to for you, my adoring public of four, in keeping my blog updated even when it’s causing me great pain. It’s for you. It’s all for you.

3 comments:

  1. Are you sure you didn't fall on it? Seems like a possibility, from past experience.

    Would it make you feel better to know that I did a face plant into my strawberry patch Friday night? Like, dirt in my nostrils. Very attractive. Of course, I thought of you, immediately. With love.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for sharing that story, Sherilee! That makes me feel all warm an un-lonely in my clumsiness. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should sue Steve Jobs. That thumb problem has Apple written ALL over it. I KNEW those phones were troule.

    :)

    P.S. Any pics of the strawberry patch face plant? I snorted a bit when I read that. Not in a really mean way though.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails