Jul. 16: IDCEAYWTPFriday

It’s Friday, and that means you get a post called I Don’t Care Enough About You to Write in Transitioning Paragraphs Friday.

  • All day yesterday I kept thinking it was Friday. It felt like a Friday to me, and I had to keep reminding myself it was Thursday. And even then, when I went to bed last night I thought, “Hm, I’m surprised Sherilee didn’t post her Friday Night Grateful Moment tonight.” Of course, there’s nothing wrong with there being TWO Fridays in one week, so that’s what I’m doing today: enjoying my second Friday.
  • (I know, I make no sense at all.)
  • I had the weirdest dream last night. It involved my grandma, Debi and Deanna, an ex from college (he was running the college cafeteria in my dream!), my mom doing some weird medical treatment that required her to wear prairie skirts so the IV bags wouldn’t show, and me. The odd thing was that it seemed REALLY real; nothing was so far beyond normal that it was unbelievable. Dreams like that are always a bit disturbing to me, and this was no exception… well, one exception: Jim Nabors was Grandma’s doctor. That wasn’t disturbing, it was just funny. To me. I don’t think having Gomer Pyle as one’s physician would be anything BUT disturbing.
  • A new iPhone/Droid app that I really love is Springpad. It lets you keep all kinds of different lists, notes, etc. and, ideally, will replace all those loose notes you keep. You can make reminders by taking a photo or scanning a barcode—that’s one of my favorite features—and create notes about restaurants, various products, books, movies, music, etc. that you want to try. It automatically syncs with your online account, so you have access (and a backup) to your lists wherever you are.

    Here’s an example of how it can be used: Yesterday Sherilee posted a yummy recipe on her blog, so I copied it into a note, grabbed the accompanying photo, and now when I decide to make it, I have a shopping list all ready to go.

    Even better? Springpad’s phone app and its online version are free. Even if you don’t use the phone app, you can use the online version and you should. So says I.
  • Our Internet service is back on at home. I don’t know how long the modem was unplugged, but with the recent office move, I shouldn’t be surprised that things didn’t go back exactly the way they should have. I still can’t get the kids’ desktop to connect. I don’t know what the deal is, and right now I really don’t even care. I’m just relieved to be able to use a non-iPhone Internet connection.
  • By the way, Starbucks’ wi-fi is waaay convenient.
  • I watched Season 1 of Flight of the Conchords this week. Loveliest Lori got me interested when it first started airing on HBO, and Debi let me listen to a soundtrack when we hung out last month. I knew I needed to fill in all the gaps by watching the whole series. Thank goodness there are only two seasons—I spent a LOT of time with the DVDs this week. The show is hilarious—very quirky and fun.
  • Funny how everyone’s making such a big deal about this Mel Gibson thing. We all knew he was a jackass, didn’t we? Why is this news?
  • You know what’s awesome about Almond Joy bars? They’re totally health food! Coconut, with all its fruitiness and fiber and vitamins, and an almond, bursting forth with protein and whatever else makes nuts good to eat. See? Health food. So says Dr. Jen, the overweight nutritionist.
  • I was getting warnings that my hard drive was full, and I needed to do some cleanup. Last week I used Duplicate Cleaner to free up nearly six gigs of hard drive space. The program finds any duplicate files and then lists them all; you can then select which ones to delete, or set criteria that will select them automatically. I was able to compare my hard drive contents to my external drive (which I primarily use for backup) and it took a long, long time, but it did the job. Overall it was a tremendous time-saver and space-restorer for me. Git it.
  • Talking Carl, one of the iPhone’s top selling apps, is all just super silly fun. Our favorite thing is to make Carl burp, because he opens his mouth HUGE and then just a squeak comes out. Anyway, this video made me LOL.


  • We’re doing the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life this weekend. It goes from 10 am Saturday to 10 am Sunday and is supposed to be quite the party all night long. I got the schedule today and found that Victor and I weren’t assigned to any time slots, so maybe we’re not really participating after all. I need to make some phone calls, huh? Not that I’m so eager about staying up all night…
  • Last night we watched Deadliest Catch from Tuesday. It was the episode when Captain Phil dies. They’ve been leading up to it for the last few weeks, but the way it finally happened at the end of the episode was truly heartbreaking to me. Phil’s oldest son called to tell the younger one that their dad had died. That’s exactly how it went when our dad died—Kathy called me. She doesn’t remember much of the phone conversation, but I remember every word, where I was standing, what time it was, what I did right after we hung up… It was a moment I’ll never forget. As horrible as it all was, there was something very special about having my big sister give me the news, rather than Dad’s wife or someone that cared even less about Dad.

    Anyway, this video is the sweetest moment between Phil and Josh, his oldest son. It’s kind of a killer, but as tender as they come. I don’t know for sure when it was filmed, but they showed it as though it was the day before Phil died.
  • If you have a new bathroom rug and you wash it with your towels, you should expect to find the rug fluff on your body for many hours after you’ve dried off using your clean towels, even during a meeting later that day with an important client. Don’t ask me how I know this, and on a totally unrelated note, do you have a lint roller I can borrow?
  • In case you didn’t notice, I’m feeling kinda bossy today. It’s just that I’m so full of it! And by “it,” of course, I mean GOOD IDEAS. It would be disgraceful of you to suggest otherwise.

Jack and I are going to see Despicable Me today. Smell ya later, losers. Um, I mean, people who aren’t going with us.

1 comment:

  1. I am running to go get Springpad now.

    Yes, I know I should be visiting with relatives, but I'm TIRED. Seth and I are chilling and getting ready for an all-day relative session tomorrow. What, comments are supposed to be about your blog? Oops. My bad. xo

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails