Aug. 27: It’s Friday

It’s Friday, and while that usually means you get a post called I Don’t Care Enough About You to Write in Transitioning Paragraphs Friday, today is going to be different. Yes, different just like last Friday, but-cept with a theme:

HAPPY THINGS.

A lot of people I care about have been facing some big, sad challenges. I am one of those people I care about. I’m tired of feeling sad and worried and afraid and unhappy. I’m not feeling better about any of the things that have made me sad, worried, afraid, and unhappy, but I need something that can make me smile. We all need those things, facing challenges or not.


First, a video that my BFF and favorite author Pamela Ribon posted to Twitter this week. It’s kinda long, but so adorable. It makes me wish I lived in France or my kids spoke French or I knew this little girl, because I would hug her and hug her and hug her every time she said “crocodile” and “giraffe.”

 

I suddenly have the urge to watch Amelie again. Now, there’s a feel-good movie for ya.


I want to wear this to an event someday:


My Facebook friend Dana (who’s also my cousin’s cousin, and went to the same high school as me but a little earlier, which makes us all awesome-like, even though we’ve never met face-to-face) “liked” this on FB yesterday:

I have PMS and a GPS... which means... I am a bitch and I will find you.



Confidential to my sister: if you have ruined tortilla soup for me, I promise, I am going to like you much less.


Simon’s cat has a new movie!

You can see all of the Simon’s Cat movies here.



I don’t care if it’s a staged photo-op to make Obama look all light-hearted and fun—which I’m sure many people will insist—it still makes me laugh.

presidential-prank-of-the-day-675x450


My creed is that: Happiness is the only good. The place to be happy is here. The time to be happy is now. The way to be happy is to make others so. ~Robert Green Ingersoll


Puppies can usually be counted upon to bring about smiles. This little dude is insaaaaane.


Best wishes for a happy weekend.

5 comments:

  1. i love capucine! How adorable is she? I also love Amelie - one of my favorite movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this made me smile. Thank you, My Favorite Youngest Daughter!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Right in the middle of giggling, uh, there I am. Famous now, mentioned in a blog. Sigh (I might have "liked" that right after my tomato juice beverage. Did you know there are two servings of vegetables in a Bloody Mary, not counting the potatoes in the vodka, and the celery stick.)Amelie is one of the few DVDs I actually own. I Love everything about that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to totally concur on the bloody mary comment. I have often thought that having a good bloody mary is like having a salad. It's a health drink, so why not have two?

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! Right in the middle of giggling, uh, there I am. Famous now, mentioned in a blog. Sigh (I might have "liked" that right after my tomato juice beverage. Did you know there are two servings of vegetables in a Bloody Mary, not counting the potatoes in the vodka, and the celery stick.)Amelie is one of the few DVDs I actually own. I Love everything about that movie.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails