Aug. 5: Creation of a freak

You’ve seen the singing sisters on the Lawrence Welk sketches on Saturday Night Live, right? If you haven’t, take a minute and watch this:

The other night we were all watching the videos of Junice (we think that’s her name, anyway) and roaring at her tiny, tiny hands and overall odd behavior. Such fun! Presley—Daryl & Sally’s daughter—started jumping around pretending to pop bubbles, and she was as entertaining as the creepy SNL character. Scary and hilarious. Scalarious.

In anticipation of seeing Presley this evening, the kids and I made a special little surprise for her. First, we bought a fancy dollar store doll.

We chose this particular one because it had a wonky eye. When we went to take a picture of the wonky eye, I accidentally poked it and turned it inside out. Hard to believe this doll could get any creepier, but TA-DAAAA! She just did.

Katie noticed that her butt had some gnarly lookin’ stuff inside. I’m sure it was just put in there to weigh her down and help her sit better, but OMG, it looked so nasty. More on that below…

Surgery began. We got out a scalpel (cheap scissors) and were done in two good chops.

Not gross. Nope.

 

Not grosser. Nope.

The chopsticks (another expensive item) would become this doll’s new arms.

Jack pulled out the guts.

We jabbed the end of each chopstick into her wrist.

Our very own tiny handed bubble popper!

Back to the doll, I had to peek at exactly what was inside her arse.

A close-up didn’t help me identify the matter. Whatever it was, I don’t think it belongs in a toy. Not one sold in the U.S., anyway.

The finished product: two hands! I wasn’t about to get rid of the feet, though. Presley would figure out something fun to do with them, I’m sure.

Here’s Jack, trying out the freaky baby hands. Pure awesomeness, right?

We gave these to Presley tonight and she used them throughout dinner. She used them to pass us things, scratch her mom’s back, pick her nose, rest her chin… she thought of almost everything. Too bad we didn’t have bubbles; we could’ve entertained our fellow diners at Claim Jumper. Next time.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god, beyond creepy! Poor little baby has a lot of junk in her trunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one step away from hurting small animals, Jen. And you know what that means. Cough, cough, TED BUNDY. I'll fix Katie but poor Jack has no hope. No hope at all. Oh and I'm telling Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DOLLY DISECTION! Holy Crap...I don't think this is what my Dad had in mind when he made us disect frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DOLLY DISECTION! Holy Crap...I don't think this is what my Dad had in mind when he made us disect frogs.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails