It’s Friday, and that means you get a post called I Don’t Care Enough About You to Write in Transitioning Paragraphs Friday.
- This was a busy week. I’m glad it’s almost over. Tomorrow should be some nice relaxing with lovely friends and icy beverages, and I’m oh-so-happy about that.
- Victor changed his anniversary on Facebook a few weeks ago—he took off the year. I got a notification, since it’s my anniversary too. No big deal. This last week he removed our anniversary date completely, and I was notified again. I said, “Y’know, I get a message whenever you fark with our anniversary on Facebook. If you don’t want to be married to me, there are other ways to let me know.” He didn’t realize his changes affected my profile too, and said he was just trying not to have too much info out there. But if you know me, you know I didn’t let it stop there. I continued to bother him about it until he put our anniversary back on FB. I don’t even care if our anniversary date is on FB, but it sure is fun messin’ with Victor. I haven’t stopped. “He shall pay” is pretty much my motto.
- Sunshine shared this video on FB, and I’m sharing it here because I loved it.
- I was hating computers yesterday, when mine was giving me all kinds of grief. At first it was just Access being difficult, and that’s a problem because most of my work is in Access. When I tried to find the problem and repair it, the whole system crashed and I thought I might too. It was a panicky few hours. I got everything running again, thank goodness. I mention this because it’s part of the reason I’m so glad the week is nearly over.
- Words with Friends on the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad: it’s the funnest. I’m JenSM and will totally play a game with you.
- My niece/friend, Erin, was spotted on House Hunters! The episode’s interesting because it’s set in Portland, but the really good part—where you’ll see Erin—is in the very last minute.
- The class historian from PAA’s Class of 1986 called me yesterday—apparently she needs to plan our 25th reunion, which is coming up next year. One of the unfortunate things about being good at keeping FBI files on your classmates is that people call you and ask you for them, and they figure while they have you on the phone they’ll ask you to be on the reunion committee. BUT, the class historian is my dear friend Lisa… so do I mind? Not. One. Bit. I love that girl! And unlike many people, I love my reunions. I’m in!
- This thing gave me the giggles:
- Jack finished swimming lessons yesterday. He didn’t pass. I felt so bad for him—he has such a hard time putting his face in the water for more than a couple strokes. I still haven’t decided if we should make him try again in the next session (which starts Monday) or wait until next summer. More than anything, I don’t want him to be That Tall Kid Who Can’t Swim Because His Mom Gave Up On Taking Him To Lessons That Weren’t Doing Any Good Anyway.
- So, um… this is a book and… well, it exists:
- ‘Member how I started doing that 31 Days to to Build a Better Blog thing a couple weeks ago? I didn’t drop it, I didn’t. There were some exercises that were best done off-blog, and it kinda got me out of the habit, and then I got busy and then I didn’t feel like it and I’ll catch up, I promise I will. Maybe.
- Victor and I went to a wedding last weekend and someone took this picture of us. I like it because I actually look like a normal, not-having-cancer person in it:
Amazing what some eye makeup and a wig can do.
- The dandruff shampoo doesn’t seem to be working so well yet. I haven’t given up though. What would giving up on dandruff shampoo be, exactly? Shaving my head bald again? Or just living with the flakes? Don’t know. But I’m still using it, and I’m still doing everything I can to fix this problem. In the mean time, feel free not to ask me about it.
- That’s enough for now. Have a fabulous weekend!