Sep. 24: IDCEAYWTPFriday

It’s Friday, and that means you get a post called I Don’t Care Enough About You to Write in Transitioning Paragraphs Friday.

  • This has been my Week o’ Val™. We went out to lunch Monday, she was my chemo buddy Tuesday, we sat through a meeting together on Wednesday, chatted (felt) each other up yesterday after school, and we’ve got Happy Hour plans for this evening. How lucky am I?
  • Answer: (very lucky!)
  • We held our first PTO meeting of the year the other night and had amazing attendance! We board members were quite happy about that. It’s exciting to start the year out with lots of interest, and it makes us feel like all our hard work is worthwhile. Yay! Next up: Back to School Night, Donuts with Dad, and the big-big-biggie: Jog-a-Thon.
  • I wrote a few weeks ago about Loveliest Lori’s emergency medical situation that scared us all half to death. I’m pleased to say she’s doing better now and recuperating at home. I know I’ve mentioned that her brother-in-law is the drummer for a little band called Journey, and here he is, serenading Lori at her home in Salem. She’s trying very hard not to cry throughout his performance. I cried just watching the video—not sure how she held back the tears.
  • You know what’s funny? I can ask my husband to do a little Internet research on very specific Jog-a-Thon stuff and he does it for five minutes and gets bored. But I tell him one of my friends is looking for info on a trip to Walt Disney World and he’ll spend two hours on an email to her. Of course, I do not have a point in stating this fact. Nope. (Also, Ms. Secretly-Planning-a-WDW-Vacation, you can expect that email later today.)
  • Remember when I got bit by a dog? I took a picture of the bite a few days after it happened and even though it’s all blurry, you can still see the weird bruising and spots where that friggin’ little dog’s teeth broke the skin. It’s taken forever to heal, too, since my immune system is in less than tip-top shape. This is a little smaller than actual size:

  • I know, right?
  • Speaking of dogs, Oliver’s suddenly doing much better with the potty training. Yay! He’s becoming a bit of a barker, though—he’s kind of freaked out by people he doesn’t know. It’s weird. I’m doing my best to make sure he gets familiar with people who come by often, because the last thing we want is more of the insane barkiness we already have. If you’ve been to our house, you know of what I speak.
  • For my best girls, if this weren’t totally inappropriate to hang on the walls of our homes, I would get it for each of you. I’m just not sure we want to deal with hearing our kids say it to all their best friends:

  • I was never all that amused by Keyboard Cat, but somehow DJ Kitty made me LMAO. See if it makes you LYAO too.

Tons of things to do at school today. I need to get out the door. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails