Sep. 10: IDCEAYWTPFriday

It’s Friday, and that means you get a post called I Don’t Care Enough About You to Write in Transitioning Paragraphs Friday.

  • Busy, busy week. So much going on, so much on my plate, too much for my brain to slow down enough to sleep well. It’s really a good thing I don’t drink as much as I talk about drinking, because if there was ever a week to abuse alcohol, it was this one.
  • Sunshine and I played pampered girls today. After a busy morning at the school, we got lunch at New Seasons—delicious baguette sammiches—and then went for pedicures. I haven’t gotten one in almost a year because the risk of infection is high with my weenie immune system, but IMMUNE SYSTEM BE DAMNED. My piggies needed some pretty. And boy, did they get it! Some of my other parts got attention too, thanks to the very eager massage chair. That thing meant business.
  • Oh, and I got a brow wax today, too, because my eyebrows are growing like ca-razy now. Yay!
  • Love this art (click it to see the artist’s etsy store):

happyplace

  • I would like one day to go by in which I find no dog vomit or steaming piles o’ crap on the floor. Is that so much to ask?
  • The first week of school went pretty well for both kids. They’re each in classes of 30 students, and that’s the only thing I’m really unhappy about so far—but what can be done about it? As Jack’s teacher said, that student-to-teacher ratio “is not ideal.” That’s for friggin’ sure. It’s like that in almost every classroom, though, and the deep budget cuts across the district are to blame. Pffft.
  • If you want to read some funny emails, check these out. I regularly read the site, but haven’t mentioned it in a while; the latest post is one of my favorites, I think.
  • Here’s another goodie, because if it weren’t for coffee I might not have made it through this week alive. Well, awake, anyway:
  • littlebean

  • Loveliest Lori is out of the hospital, finally, and recuperating at home. So grateful.
  • I got a new hat yesterday. It’s one I can wear now, while my hair is still too short to go without some kind of coverage, and later, when I’m once again hairy and style-worthy. After I bought it, I got in the car, cut off the tags and put it on my noggin. I checked the rear-view mirror and thought, “Oh, Jen! Cute hat! What good taste you have!” A few minutes later, a spider dropped down from the bill and scared the crap out of me. I was sure that a spider egg had just hatched in my hat, and I ripped that thing off my head so fast! I haven’t seen any more spiders near the hat since then, but I haven’t touched it either. Stoopid new hat.

    I hate spiders, but I do love this fascinating and totally factual video. Pretty sure I’ve posted it before, but you should watch it anyway because I said so.
  • Tomorrow’s Jack’s first football game. I already talked about how I hate the league and the assclowns who run it; now let’s see how an actual game proceeds. Will I have pictures? You bet your ass (clown).
  • Here’s the last of my inspiration art to share with you on this fine day.

things

Have a good weekend, friends. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Well, and then there are the annoying friends who text you in the middle of your busy-ness to poke you... I'm sure you don't have any of THOSE. Ha.

    Love you, busy lady. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails