Mar. 27: Day 7 of music meme

Day 7: a song that reminds you of a certain event

September 11, 2001 was a day that made me question the existence of God more than any other. I had been on the fence for a few years, actually, but the events of that day pushed me right over the other side. I grieve for what happened that day in New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C. for many reasons, but personally, it marks a tremendous change in my way of thinking. 

In spite of my own doubts, I could understand why many people turned to their faith after 9/11. Church attendance increased (temporarily) in many parts of the country in the months following the terrorist attacks. “The Prayer,” a song originally recorded for the Quest for Camelot movie soundtrack, became more popular than ever before. Maybe I think it’s a beautiful song, or maybe I have a subconscious desire to believe in what it says; either way, I love the song.

This is one of my favorite performance pairings, Charlotte Church and Josh Groban. It gives me chills. Gorgeous.

Here’s the Céline Dion/Andrea Bocelli version. It has the lyrics displayed at the bottom.

blogsignature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails