Life has been crazy for the past couple weeks, and that’s left me little time for blogging. Once I get out of the habit of posting daily, it’s easy to let one day after another slip by until I realize all of a sudden that it’s been three weeks since I last wrote anything newsworthy <cough!>. I would apologize but I’m not gonna.
And the music meme posts that have been showing up every day? I’ve been writing three or four days at a time and scheduling them to publish every morning. They don’t really count as substance. Don’t tell me you disagree.
So, what’s been keeping me so busy? That is what you’re asking, right?
- I’ve got four games of Words with Friends going at all times. Tell me that doesn’t take a ton of time!
- “Renovations” on my new office/mom cave/retreat continue. I got the art done and hung it on the walls and every day since then at least one piece of it has fallen down. I need to get some better adhesive. Curtains are done, and they have not fallen down (yet). Many of the plain ol’ white boxes have been all colored-up and look cheery, but I’ve got more to do. I’m doing my best to make my office a place of joyful escape, and color plays a huge part in that. Happy happy!
- A bunch of us got together with Kim F’n for lunch on Friday and gave her a little impromptu naughty bridal shower. (Hover over the photos for captions.)
- We nominate next year’s new PTO board members next week and have been talking up the wonders of PTO board membership to unsuspecting recruits. There is a surprisingly high level of interest—it’s very exciting!
- Alumni Weekend at my high school was last weekend. We had a whopping nine classmates (out of 60-some) show up from the class of ‘86. It was a lot of fun re-connecting, even though most everyone who showed up was local and/or on Facebook and we’ve been in decent-ish recent contact. In other words, there weren’t a lot of surprises. We have a gathering planned for October and hope to see a lot more of our classmates then.
- My Relay for Life team is coming right along. We’re up to 13 members, but we can definitely have more! If you want to come walk a lap or two on Relay Day without actually joining the team, that’s great too. Remember, it’s July 16-17 in Clackamas. It’ll be a good time, for sure.
- This has nothing to do with my busy-ness, but I just have to share because it’s such a neat idea: color theme dessert tables. I almost can’t wait to have a party just so I can do this.
- I got Katie the classic novel Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret and have been re-reading it myself. I probably read the book 20 times when I was her age, but it’s been 30 years since then. Reading it again has been surreal—I’m surprised at how much I remember, and how clearly. I loved that book.
OK, I’ve got a bazillion things to get done today, so this is all for now. Lovies to you and yours.