OK, maybe Cracked isn’t a dirty magazine so much as it’s frequently naughty. Either way, it’s the last place I ever expect to learn anything that’s true, much less interesting. I have Cracked in my RSS feed because occasionally—very occasionally—there are some fascinating and/or amusing articles worth reading. Recently, there have been these little fact nuggets:
- Mt. Everest has 3G coverage. Being on that little hike is no longer a good excuse for not taking your turn on Words with Friends, buster.
- Someone’s invented a new and improved snot-sucker for you to get all the gunk out of your kid’s nose. Best of all, it’s not even a tiny bit disgusting!
- Antarctica has a Spoolhenge. Don’t believe it? Google it.
- There have been some odd entries into the dictionary in recent years, but it’s hard to believe there have been words added that are completely, totally, made-up and RIDICULOUS: grrrl, threequel, screenager (whu?), bouncebackability.
- Michael J. Fox’s middle initial is actually “A.”
- Talk Like a Pirate Day was started by guys from Oregon.
OK, so they’re not all gems. Still, I learned somethin’.