June 21: Suck it, Deepak

Katie and Jack are gone for the weekend. Vic and I decided to work on another house project or two—this party’s coming up soon—but last night was our free night. We went to a movie. In a theater. I know, I can hardly believe it also.

It’s been a long time since we’ve seen a first-run movie in a theater, much less on its opening day. With my purse chock-full of Hot Tamales, we went to a late showing of The Love Guru, starring Mike Meyers.

If you did not appreciate the Austin Powers movies, do not see The Love Guru. You will hate it. If, however, you have a decent sense of humor and a little extra patience with excessive fart jokes, you will enjoy the movie.

There are plenty of celebrity cameos and stars from The Daily Show. Loads of winks to other movies. Silly sutras and Indian names. Gratuitous pop song performances on a sitar. A urine mop fight I will, unfortunately, not soon forget. And did I mention the excessive fart jokes? But in spite of its thin plot and general silliness, we loved The Love Guru. It was entertaining. Or maybe it’s been too long since we’ve watched a good comedy.

Oh, and I am more in love with Justin Timberlake than ever, I think. He is surprisingly funny, and he’s got to be a good actor, because how else could a person’s devotion to Céline Dion be that believable?

3 comments:

  1. I'm conficted about this post. On the one hand I'm so happy we share a love of Hot Tamales (my favorite which are not available at Regal). On the other hand, I am confused as to why you would choose this movie for the golden "child-free" time we all wish we had more of. Please don't tell me you have Adam Sandler's new movie on your list too. It might be too much to handle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only Adam Sandler movie I can handle is "The Wedding Singer," in which he acts very non-Sandlery. So, NO, I have no plans to see Zohan. But I LOVED the Austin Powers movies, ridiculous as they were. And since we can't watch stuff like that with the kids around, it was perfect for the golden "child-free" time on Friday night. If that's too much to handle, just think HOT TAMALES, HOT TAMALES, HOT TAMALES, Jen likes HOT TAMALES so she's not all bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And she can probably spell "CONFLICTED" which obviously I can't (see first post)! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails