June 27: Happy Happy Happy

Yesterday was a good day. Katie and Jack spent most the day with their cousins at Grandpa & Grandma’s while I worked from home. (Psst… I also took a nap. Shhh…)

We took the kids to their last day of swimming lessons. I think I’ve mentioned before how lessons go. Katie is a fish; she knows several strokes and swims the width of the pool over and over, with all the precision an 8-year-old can muster. Jack, on the other hand, does fine in the water until it gets on his face. If he gets splashed, we have to wait ten minutes for him to stop freaking out. If he is told to put his face in the water to practice blowing bubbles, he does it very reluctantly and then takes ten minutes to get every last drip off his face. And then he goes back to swimming and then we start all over again. So I have to admit I was a little surprised that Jack passed Level A. I’m thinking maybe his teacher just wants to get him the hell out of her class.

Katie passed Level D with no problem.

Now that they’re both more confident in the water we feel a little more comfortable when we swim at friends’ houses. My next step is to teach them MY rule of swimming:

“Now remember kids… no running, no diving, and no salt on my margaritas.”

The day ended especially well because Victor and I went to our last show of the Broadway in Portland 2007-08 season, Avenue Q. It was, without a doubt, one of the funniest shows I’ve ever seen. It was basically an R-rated version of Sesame Street. Who couldn’t love that? If you go, just be warned: there is full puppet nudity.

More later. Gotta drive to Cottage Grove this morning.

1 comment:

  1. No salt and always on the rocks. Full puppet nudity, I'm offended just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails