Aug. 22: One ringy-dingy...


This might be a fun meme. Are you one of those people that have loud, obnoxious ringtones? What are some of the ringtones you use on your cell phone and why did you choose them?

Ed and I were just talking about this the other night. I have ringtones assigned to different callers so I know if I should run for my phone or not. I chose these rings because the songs are right-ish for the callers, but also because all of them can be easily heard over the normal noise of my day. I do not have “Baby Got Back” assigned to anyone, in case you were wondering.

  • When Victor calls: “Close to You” by the Carpenters. Because I’m a dork, that’s why.
  • When Mom (Mary) calls: “Jolly Holiday” from Mary Poppins—the part where it goes “Oh, it’s a jolly holiday with Mary, Mary makes your ‘eart so light, when the day is gray and ordinary, Mary makes the sun shine bright” (this one always makes me smile, both because it’s my mom calling and because Dick Van Dyke’s Cockney accent is so hilariously bad)
  • When Kathy calls: “Sisters” from White Christmas. How perfect to associate one of my all-time favorite songs from one of my all-time favorite movies with one of my all-time favorite people!
  • When work people call: “Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho” from Snow White
  • When my in-laws or grandma call: “We Are Family” by Sister Sledge (thankfully, it’s almost never Grandma)
  • My everyone-else ring: the woo-hoo-yee-hoo part of “The Sweet Escape” by Gwen Stefani
  • Haven’t made this one yet, but when Ed calls: “Hollaback Girl” by Gwen Stefani—his suggestion

BTW, if you want to make your own ringtones, go to downloads.com and get one of their ringtone makers. There are several to choose from, and most have week-long free trials or so; if you make your own then you don’t have to pay the phone company for stuff that ends up not working anyway.

Please share your answers in a comment or your own blog.

4 comments:

  1. Bah, don't think the original comment went through so I'll try again.

    I'm a bad techno geek, I have no ringtones on my phone assigned to anyone. I'm going to check out the sw you linked and try it out though. Just another way to kill time when I should be working! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you, Jen, and your techno abilities, all my ringtones SO fit the caller and make me happy (in most cases) that these people are calling--and as I run to find my cell phone, I look forward to talking with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fav ringtones: when I call my BFF, the answertone is the theme from DYNASTY, the show we would run away from the dorm to Donaldson's house to watch; before that, it was Queen singing You're my Best Friend (I'm assuming it was only for my calls!); work calls to me - "She works hard for the money" and for my mom's calls, "MAMA, I love you" by the Spice Girls! So many others . . . those are just some of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get with the program! I have one very basic ring for everyone but the hubby, and for those calls, Seth (yes, the child knows more about my phone than I do) programmed in a very lovely latin tone. So I get to say "Oh, it's my latin lover... no, just my husband" when it rings... never fails to bring a smile.

    But now I have been inspired to at least check out some options. After my pathetic (but very predictable) new obsession with Mamma Mia, I'm sure I'll need to get some of that music on my phone soon... thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails