Thursday Thirteen time again. Even if you don’t participate yourself, follow the link—you may discover some fabulous blogs.
13 random things that sometimes enrage me
- Waking up with a headache. It just says, “Hey, Jen! Your day’s gonna suck!”
- The doorbell. It rings all day. It’s not that I mind visitors or that our doorbell is an especially unpleasant sound. It’s the reaction of our dogs, who bark for five minutes straight, that makes me want to scream. (And sometimes I do.)
- The smell of natto filling my house. Victor and Jack both like natto, which is garbage. More specifically, it’s fermented soybeans and is slimy like mucus and smells like ass. I am not kidding.
- People merging on the freeway at 40mph. This does not work, people. It creates traffic jams and you will get flipped off. (Though not by me; my interaction with other drivers is limited to things that are not likely to get me shot.)
- Reruns in prime time. I pay good money for… oh wait, I don’t pay anything at all. But I still hate reruns when there should be new episodes of my favorite shows.
- Zits. WTH? I’m almost 40 years old. I rarely had zits as a teen but I’m more than making up for that now.
- People driving/walking like no one else is around. I don’t know how people can be so completely oblivious to their surroundings. Use your turn signal. That’s the bike lane, genius. You’re blocking the doorway. You’re driving 45mph in a school zone. The light is green, so MOVE.
- Forgetting my cell phone. Every time I leave the house without it, I’m sure I’ll get a flat tire or worse. When I have my phone with me, of course, I rarely need it.
- Ann Coulter. Words cannot express how rude, ignorant and horrible she is.
- Traffic in non-rush hour times. I don’t plan for this, and I’m always running behind—which, yes, I know is my own fault.
- Skips in my CDs or DVDs. Might as well just throw them away. I’ve never found a repair product that really works. Of course, maybe if I stopped storing my CDs with the sandpaper…
- An hour-long wait for a table when I’m really hungry. Why does everyone else want to try this new restaurant at the same time as me? Oh, because it’s new? And they’re all hungry too? Dang.
- My husband’s habit of leaving drawers and cabinets open. As accident-prone as I am, is it any wonder I am always running into the drawers and cabinets he’s left open? I don’t know why he can’t close them but I’m pretty sure he’s trying to kill me.
What makes you want to kill someone? Leave your aggravations in a comment or your own blog. Happy Thursday!