Jan. 11: Webkinz sorta rock

Santa introduced our family to Webkinz a few weeks ago, and we've all gotten hooked. After Katie and Jack go to bed, Vic and I log in to their accounts and play games, earning them KinzCash. The kids visit each other's Webkinz rooms, play games with their friends, and use their KinzCash to buy furniture and toys to outfit their Webkinz mansions. It's great fun and appears to be a safe environment.

Having recently added to our collection, we've found the interaction between the numerous pets in our mansions is nothing less than delightful. Here are the critters we've adopted:

George, a Lil'Kinz golden retriever


Penny, the penguin


Spotty, the leopard


Elvis, a Lil'Kinz basset hound


Lucy, the pug


Snowflake, the polar bear


My favorite games--since I know you were wondering--are Goober's Lab (it's like Bejeweled), Quizzy's Word Challenge (where an adult can earn loads o' KinzCash easily), Cash Cow and Cash Cow 2, and the fun occasional ones like Balloon Dartz.

This craze has led to Katie's decision to have a Webkinz-themed birthday party next month. Why I agree to these things--hosting parties wherein I must create the theme myself because no pre-made party goods exist--I do not know. I am the poor man's birthday girl's Martha Stewart (without the evil).

Shining Stars are the Toys R Us/Russ online critter friends. The kids got a lion and bunny for Christmas (thank you, Theo-Trevor-Taylor) and have registered them but had some trouble getting around on the site. We haven't given up though.

Build-a-Bear is getting in on the action, as well as Littlest Pet Shop and a few other brands like Kookeys, Zetapets and Neopets. I don't know much about those. Yet.

Ah, marketers, how you make me want to thank and kill you at the same time. Ye certainly know what ye do, and I curse ye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails