Jan. 20: Catching up

On a scale of 1 to 10--1 being "tolerable" and 10 being "I'm about to take a chainsaw to my neck"--my headache pain is down to a 2. Hooray. It still hurts but I can function. For a lot of people MY 1 is their 10... and I don't mean to make you all sound like whiny babies, but come talk to me after your headache's hung on for five days... THEN I'll give you some sympathy.

Anyhoo...

I'm feeling much better now that I'm feeling better. And guess who benefits? Yes! YOU benefit! I'm not sure how. Just humor me, mmkay? First, I need to get to the importantest of business, and that is the birthdays I failed to mention this past week because I couldn't focus my aura-filled eyes on my computer screen.


Happy Birthday, Kirsten!


My dear friend Kirsten's birthday was January 15. I'm sure it was lovely, as she is a lovely person and the guy she married and the boys she birthed all recognize that. At the very least, I hope someone took her to a restaurant where she had to look down at the menu instead of up. Sorry for the belated wishes, but I hope you had a super day, sweetie.


Happy Birthday, Aiden!


Aiden turned two years old on January 16. He is the adorablest little guy. I'd prove it to you but-cept I haven't gotten the Rothsteins' most recent family pic added to their page yet. Par-done; I'll try to get to that this next week. Anyway, Sheila, please share all the details of the big celebration. Ain't it fun doing stuff like that when you're fixin' to pop with another kidlet?

I mentioned the other day that Webkinz have invaded our home. I've even got my own account, because how else can I monitor my children's activities??? (Yeah, that's the reason...) Users set up their pets' homes with different rooms and yards, furnishings, etc., and I have to say that it's a lot of fun. Mostly I get on the site and play a few games to earn KinzCash, then buy stuff and KinzPost it to Katie and Jack. They love getting mail from me because they know it's something they have been wanting but can't afford. Jack, on the other hand, does not send out the most useful gifts. I think he re-gifts the crap he wins on the Wheel of Wow and Wheel of Yum. This morning he sent me a trophy podium. Yesterday it was a monkey t-shirt and a bowl of almonds. He sends Katie birthday messages a few times a day. She gets irritated, and I have to remind her that he can't read and he's just sending her the prettiest messages he sees and AT LEAST SHE'S NOT GETTING SHIAT LIKE TROPHY PODIUMS. At least the boy's heart is in the right-ish place.

But that's not the most interesting thing about Jack's Webkinz activities, oh no. Today I looked at the house he has created. Now, I have my house set up with a living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and rec room, along with a backyard and front yard. Katie's is similar. Pretty standard house elements, right? Here's a screen shot of one of Jack's rooms. He chose a beach theme for the wallpaper and flooring. I'm not sure about the chair facing the wall, but that's not really my biggest concern (click the photo to get the full effect):


Yikes, huh?

How's a mom supposed to keep ignoring his invitations to come over and play???

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mother of youngest child, Jack. Remember that you're in a different generation--an old fashioned generation--and perhaps Jack's ideas for decor are the thing of the future. After all, who wouldn't like to feel the warm sea breezes blowing through the living room? have a personal convenience fixture at close hand? and did you ever think that he may be putting the chair next to the "go-to-the-corner-Jack!" for greater back support. Mom, just get with the times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if toilets set in the open-wide spaces of the living room are in our future, that's a future I'd prefer not to experience for myself, thankyouverymuch...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails