Jan. 6: Extreeeeme relaxation

Thanks to the good people at every, every minute for today's "My Turn" question.

Anyone with kids knows how quickly free time disappears as soon as they arrive. Sleep becomes more important than anything else you might consider doing while the newborn naps. And although you eventually get into a somewhat normal sleep routine again, the free time you once loved and didn't quite appreciate enough is much harder to reclaim. So, the kids are at their grandparents' ... or maybe you don't have rugrats but finally have the house to yourself. You want to make the most of that time, but you're not allowed to work.

Describe how you should spend an ideal, relaxing couple of hours.



My Turn: Not surprisingly, my ideal relaxing time at home involves my laptop and a comfy chair. Having my laptop lets me communicate with others, read, write, and shop--all delightful things. The comfy chair ensures that I stay there for the duration, of course. I'd also love a big mug of beige coffee nearby and maybe a dog next to me. The TiVo remote must be in reach. And a diaper would be splendid, but quite possibly pushing the acceptable limits of relaxation.

Your turn. How are your ideal relaxing hours spent?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like we both treasure our comfy chair laptop time! :)

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. No work; a full day's TIVO of Columbo and Family Guy. French fries and goop. Ah. Dreamin's good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since my husband came home from a 14-month tour in Iraq, I have more opportunities to relax. Since my favorite way to relax is to catch up on my DVR recordings, having him take our son with him somewhere without me is pure heaven.

    If I am out by myself, my favorite thing to do is get a pedicure. Not only do my toes look good, but I have had about an hour of relaxation without anyone talking to me. Pure bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when I come home and John has taken the kids ____ (fill it in...swimming, to a movie, etc.) for the evening. It gives me a chance to watch my daily DVR'd Young and the Restless and to do absolutely nothing. Maybe even to use my bathtub - by myself (after I remove the Little Ponies and boats from the bottom of the tub). A quiet house. Alone. Mmmm...Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it interesting how no one has mentioned spending time with kids and significant others as relaxing??? Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I certainly can't complain about not having enough time to myself, my favorite time has always been (and continues to be), alone with a good book!! Books become my friends--so writing in them is not a sign of disrespect, but of connection and commitment to it.

    As a Grandmother I want you mothers to know that while you are having your necessary alone-time, it is pure joy for me to spent time with my favorite little people!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails