Apr. 12: ClubPhoto's demise

I've done tons of research on photo processing sites, and one that impressed me from the start was ClubPhoto. They had low print prices, the same quality of other printers and excellent customer service. They also offered frequent specials. And they quoted me on their "customer testimonials" section so I admired them even more. What's not to love?

A couple weeks ago I started to upload some images to my ClubPhoto account and although I could log in fine, I kept getting errors when I started the upload. It was late at night and I figured maybe their site was going through maintenance and I'd just try the next day. Still no work-y.

I tried again late last night and couldn't even access their site. Again, I thought maybe they were doing server maintenance. I tried again this afternoon and still couldn't get in. Time to Google, no?

It didn't take long to find out what happened. Here's the scoop, according to Michael G at Multiply and recgroups.com. ClubPhoto abruptly shut down their business last month, with absolutely no advance warning to employees, affiliates or customers. You'd think they would at least have a notice on their home page, an apology, an explanation, something. But visit ClubPhoto.com and you'll just get a DNS error.

Time to find another printing service...

If you're a fan of 4" digital prints then here are just a few of the other sites that offer them.


Of these, I have experience only with winkflash. You might want to check out this web site, which rates online photo processing companies and lists prices for common print sizes. It appears to be updated semi-regularly. Oh, and if you're wondering what's so great about 4" digital prints, read Fotki's description. FYI, they are also called 4D, 4xD, 4x, 4x5, 4x5.3, and stuff like that.

RIP, ClubPhoto. I curse the a-holes that bought you and ruined you. --sob!--

--J.

1 comment:

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails