Apr. 29: Stud-less poker

Last night I went over to my friend Cassie's for a girls' night of poker and alcohol consumption. I lost $5 but kept my dinner, so I guess it all evened out. Regardless, it was a great evening and I have found a few new cool people with which to hang. :)

I also found that I need to work on my Texas Hold 'Em skills. Today I looked up rules and strategies on a few web sites and found this brilliant little nugget:

The object of poker is to win as much money as possible.

Sheesh, if only I had known that before! 'Course, as soon as the blender came out, I think we were all a leetle foggy on the object of anything. After a couple hours Cassie screamed "I love this song!" every few minutes, and Jen (the other one) knocked over two wine glasses. Lori (the other one), Sue and I were more consistently sane, though I suppose it's possible that I might just not remember my failure to hold my bladder. (Just in case: sorry about the sofa, Cass...)

Back to Yahoo! Games for a poker match. I gotta get some new mad skills for next time! And if I get really good maybe I can join the Lassens' contractors' game. Where'd I put that visor?

Later,

Jen (the other other one)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know . . . the Lassen's Contractor Poker games have had so much time, I bet they're really really good by now. I advise you take along "funny" cigars. As soon as they 'splode, you grab the money and run. (Only works once, tho.)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails