Apr. 21: Pimp my vacation

You better sit down for this.

We're thinking it's time for a non-Disney vacation for our family. We want our kids to know there are other things out there. I know, I had forgotten too!

Sometime this summer we want to take a week-long road trip. Now, this is me, so "road trip" can't involve more than two states. And there must be a lot of stops along the way. And preferably not involve any location beyond central California.

I think visits to a national park or two would be a nice goal. But besides San Francisco I'm not sure if there are any cities we should plan to spend time in. I mean, Redding only has so much culture to absorb, right?

Suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

--Jen

6 comments:

  1. Jen,
    I was stationed in Monterey, CA, while in the Army. You need to stop in Monterey (great restaurants, awesome aquarium @ Cannery Row), Carmel (amazing sunset at the beach, and Clint Eastwood lives there; eat at Hog's Breath Inn, which Clint used to own), Big Sur (beautiful drive south from Carmel along HWY 1), and Pacific Grove (Turner & Hooch filmed there; eat at Vivolo's Chowder House for the best clam chowder I have ever had).

    Hope that helps!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sheila! I've never been to Monterey so that'd be a great southernmost destination. You have officially pimped my vacation, and I love you for it. :)

    --Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, too!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? No one loves ME?????? All that love and none for me. I'm mad now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, stranger! It's Kim (Nelson),(Felkley-Nelson)! How in the heck are you? I check in on your website every few months to see what's up, and end up laughing most of the time....you're such a comedian! WE TOO are planning a road trip, from June 20-27, to Northern/Central Cal, going to Santa Cruz, Monterey, WINE COUNTRY :), San Fran, etc...when are you going? There is a huge water park down near San Jose called Raging Waters that we are going to, and also to the aquarium in Monterey. We need to get together sometime soon...what, we live 7 miles from each other? What losers! E-mail me or call me. I am saving lives today and tomorrow, but feel free to call anytime! xoxo--Kimmy

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails