Sep. 21: Blame Canada?

We’re home and exhausted. For now, here’s a quick synopsis of April’s and my 40th birthday celebration weekend in Vancouver, B.C. We had a super-duper time in spite of a few things.


What I saw when I checked out the view from our hotel room. Welcome to Vancouver!



Canada Place is in Vancouver



This is the part of Canada Place that Jim let me see



Chinatown is kinda scary but has cool turtles



We love cupcakes. Thanks for the recommendation, Chris.



April stole a fork. Jim and I have the same uncle. (Earl. Duh.)



Such funny money!



Olympics 2010 mascots



$12 heat lamp chicken



Mojito. Perfect in every way.



Weather was not perfect in every way.



The guy next to us during the very long wait at the border had very little shame.


A guest blogger is a good suggestion for my next absence, Lori. Maybe it can be you and Kathy expounding on the P.O.S. that is my car (compared to the both of yours).

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely time. Judging from your pics, you missed out on the heroin-addicted hookers in Gastown, so now you have something to look forward to seeing on your next visit to "The Other 'Couve."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEVER said POS. I wouldn't use that kind of language! We've all done our time with the vans. Your time is now. :) By the way, you drive a Jetta...stop yer bitchin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not my van time! I do not drive a van! (Can you hear my squealing all the way in Salem???)

    Also, I love my car and don't think it's a POS, but parked next to yours or Kathy's... well, let's be honest; it would suffer. And YOU might not use "POS"-type language, Lori, but I betchoo Kathy would. In fact, I betchoo she has some excuse to be using it right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great time, those damn cupcakes are addictive I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's between you and her. Remember, I'm the sweet (older) sister. :)

    BTW...I've found in my travels that avoiding anything north of say...Burnside is best. I haven't been to Canada since I was 4 so I may be generalizing but I get confused in Washington with all those odd names. Except that I saw Journey in Clark County last night. That was fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's between you and her. Remember, I'm the sweet (older) sister. :)

    BTW...I've found in my travels that avoiding anything north of say...Burnside is best. I haven't been to Canada since I was 4 so I may be generalizing but I get confused in Washington with all those odd names. Except that I saw Journey in Clark County last night. That was fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails