Sep. 26: Birthday time

Two very important people are having birthdays today. Please join me in offering best wishes for the happiness and cake these good folk deserve.

April, one of my oldest and best friends, is now officially 40. While in Vancouver together last weekend she was the young one—still in her 30’s—but as of today she’s all caught up and old like the rest of us. April is spending her birthday getting stressed about a church potluck tomorrow. Nice way to celebrate, April! Maybe in your 40’s you’ll learn to say “NO!” I’ll give you the advice Loveliest Lori gave me because it’s awesome: You now have permission to ask people for whatever you want that makes you happy. And when they look at you strangely, just respond with, “Is that going to be a problem?” :) Many, many lovies are being sent your direction today, April!

The other V.I.P. b-day today is Lafe’s. You may call him Rembrandt Q. Einstein. He’s older than 40; I think maybe 47 or 52 or 84. Lafe was my friend in college and eventually my boss when he started a design company and hired me to be his kick-ass business manager (that wasn’t my official title; Lafe would never say the A-word). He is generally a good person, although his cruelty and disregard for animals are why I had a pet chick for a day. And he’s really bad at recording petty cash transactions. Oh, how I curse him to this day over recording petty cash transactions. Anyway, happy birthday, buddy! Here’s a picture of David Hasselhoff for no reason at all. Hope it won’t make you throw up your cake.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to break it to you on Lafe, Jen, but he definitely CAN say the A-word. Ask him to tell you about his wild ass sometime. With action. There is a lot of action with his wild ass. He may not be very happy that I remember this, but it's true...

    But I am very much in agreement that he's generally a (very) good person. When I was moving into my single-gal house a few years ago, he came over and hooked up my washer and drier for me and fixed something on one of them too. He is Amazing (yes, with a capital A!) with fixing things. I think of him as Walla Walla's very own MacGyver!

    Happy birthday, April and Lafe!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails