Sep. 11: Memories of 9/11

911neverforgetIt’s Day #11 of our September Blog Challenge. Today’s topic was easy to choose:

What do you remember about this day in 2001?

I’ve written about my memories of 9/11/2001 several times in the past 12 years. My most personal account is this one. I cannot, nor do I want to, write about my memories again; this day represents so much agony. When I look back, I feel pain for our country, for sure, and empathy for those who lost loved ones to the attacks.

On this date every year since the attacks, I’ve joined so many other Americans to watch live news stories of the ceremonies across the country that honor those lost, and I plan to do that again today. I hope this anniversary will never be a day like other holidays (Memorial Day Mattress Sale, YAY!!), but one on which we will remember with reverence all we lost on 9/11/2001—as a nation and as individuals.


If you’re a blogger and want to do our blog challenge with us, let me know and I’ll send you our list! Otherwise, tune in here (and on

Sherilee’s happy little blog and Lisa’s and Jenn’s and Sunshine’s too!) every day in September.

blogsig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails