What are ten things that make you happy?
I’m focusing on ten things that have made me happy in recent days.
- Birthdays! Today belongs to Kim F’n-W, my cramazing cousin Deanna, Facebook-abandoner Dan K, and Loveliest Lori’s son, Trevor. Happy birthday to y’all! Now I have a good excuse to get hammered today.
- Backups, and the ability to restore them. Wednesday’s exercise in futility at one of my client’s taught me a lesson (some software sucks), but thanks to a backup of the database, I can pretend it never happened. Kinda.
- Seeing everyone’s first day of school pictures posted on Facebook—it tickled my heart to see how proud we all are of our kids as they grow older and get out of our hair for a few hours a day.
- Daily Odd Compliments. They’re like a less twisted version of Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey.
- This blog challenge. It’s so fun to have my bloggy friends participating! Check out Sherilee, Sunshine, Lisa S, and Jenn H. I hope that by the end of the month I’ll still want to post regularly, and that y’all aren’t tuning out because I blather on and on like a moron.
- My water bottle with the filter inside. Our tap water tastes NASTY lately. I drink lots of water IF it doesn’t taste like anything but water; this bottle is perfection.
- My nearest and dearest friends. There are times when I marvel at how fortunate I am to have certain people in my life, when just the thought of them make me smile. I’m so grateful for friendship.
- Hearing my kids talk to each other. They’re at the same school this year, and Jack has been asking Katie questions about teachers and classes and rules. I like to listen to them talk nicely—this is not something that comes easily to them—and Katie has actually been helpful instead of irritated at her annoying little brother. Life is just nicer when they aren’t arguing, y’know?
- Comments on my blog. That’s right, I’m flat-out asking you to leave a comment below! Tell me the things that make YOU happy!
If you’re a blogger and want to do our blog challenge with us, let me know and I’ll send you our list! Otherwise, tune in here (and on Sherilee’s happy little blog and Lisa’s and Jenn’s and Sunshine’s too!) every day in September!