Sep. 5: Already failing

It’s Day #5 of the September Blog Challenge! A bunch of people are playing along now, and I’m thrilled about that, but I haven’t had a chance to read their posts because of reasons. Well, one reason, which I’ll explain below. Today’s blog challenge topic:

What are some of the things you’ve learned that school won’t teach you?

Here’s my lazy answer: sometimes you can’t do the things you promised you would, like blog every day in September.

errorI spent all day yesterday staring at lines of code at work. I know, I know, some people do that all day every day and I should just shut up about it. But I went to work thinking I’d be there for an hour or so and ended up staying for six more than that. My brain is completely fried and my throat hurts from screeching many curse words. I kinda wish all the cursing would make me unwelcome to come back, but NO, I have to go in again today for more code-staring. Hopefully some code-wrangling-into-submission too, because OMG, I’m going to recommend this client goes to an all-paper system if this continues.

So I’m not actually putting time or thought into answering today’s topic because I’m a big whiny baby who occasionally earns her paycheck and has the grey hair to prove it. HOWEVER, this still counts as a post! Yay for making up rules of a blog challenge as we go along!

I hate to leave you hanging with this “why did she even bother?” only-technically-a-post post, so here’s a cute video of sleepy corgis. You’re welcome.

blogsig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails